Waywatcher Deployment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waywatcher Deployment

When deploying waywatchers, it says they can deploy in plain sight, as long as the enemy unit is more than 12" away or can't see them. If I wanted to deploy 1" behind a unit but they had a war machine at the other end of the table, but it could see, how does that work. The rules for that are either explained poorly or don't make sense

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you said, the rules arent very clear.

I interpret it as, you either deploy 12" away and can be seen... or you deploy closer and are completely out of line of sight of all enemy units. So if ANY enemy can see you, you cant deploy there.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I agree that if anyone can see you, you have to be 12" away from the enemy.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend and I had a small dispute about this particular rule in one game. But eventually we determined that LOS does count for siege weapons and they have 360 view as well. Can be annoying, but easily avoided. Remember that you get a free forest and that Waywatchers can see through 4" of forest instead of 2".

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Where did you get the impression that waywatchers can see through 4" of woods? I don't see that anywhere in the rules.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Also the free forest wont help much with waywatcher deployment in you opponents zone, as the tree you place must be on your half of the table

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ll JOO ll View Post
    A friend and I had a small dispute about this particular rule in one game. But eventually we determined that LOS does count for siege weapons and they have 360 view as well. Can be annoying, but easily avoided. Remember that you get a free forest and that Waywatchers can see through 4" of forest instead of 2".

Waywatchers can only see through 2", like every other unit as far as i know.

If you can prove me wrong maybe id be willing to pay 24 points a peice for a above average scout unit with a lame KB special rule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, old rules

Haven't played in awhile, starting to get back into the game with some friends. You are correct it is 2".

tbeckett:

Just because the free wood we get to place must be on our half, doesn't mean that other woods are not in advantageous places.

Also, KB is never lame, especially from 15" away. WE are fast enough to avoid LOS, especially if you get to start out of it, so Waywatchers can pick off units at ease without getting into CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, Okay. Not "lame," ... Just not worth 24 points a peice imo.

My problem is, at a point value of 24 each, theres not going to be many of them, meaning theres not going to be many shots going off each turn. Even if you bring 7 of them your averaging <1 KB roll each shooting phase.

They do, of course have the added bonus of being deployed anywhere, and so in turn, can shoot for turn 1/2, and then get a easy flank charge from the woods when you engage in CC. WW are fairly good in Hand to Hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes they may be a little over priced for the KB being hard to roll, but don't forget that your other shots are hitting quite often and good for picking off characters.

I do agree on the CC, against light units at least. With two attacks per model you can do some serious damage to weaker units without them striking back.

-JOO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast