Favorite unit - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite unit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Favorite unit

So enough with all these "I get my arse handed to me by XXX" threads. Lets lighten the mood up and think about why we love our tender little meat puppets!

So here is the question: What is your favorite wood-elf unit? Why?
    This doesn't have to be because X has stat line 6 6 6 6 6, but it could also be that your one units of Glade Riders managed to run through three siege weapons in one game and ever since then you loved them. Lets have some fun

My personal favorite is my dryad squad.
    I had a game against an O&G player and he hit my flank hard with two giants all that stood between them and crushing my innocent GG where one unit of 8 dryads. I charged the closest of the Giants and managed to do a single wound to the savage beast. His result was "jump up and down" ending combat and he wins by 2! My dryads held fast only to be charged by the other giant. The next combat ensued when the Giant went into grasp random dryad X who struck back and wounded stopping the assualt. Then the front line went nuts and tore the beast infront to shreds. The other giant failed his Leadership (he fell over or some shit) and my drayds engulfed his corpse laying fresh fertilizer for the forest.

Ever since those that unit (which i keep together) as done amazing things when the odds looked dire. Including killing a stegadon and other savage beasts from all armies. They carry an aura of fear about them and the commoners at my local game shop tend to stay clear of their path.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I have always liked my unit of warhawk riders. Playing skaven, they get shot to pieces by a unit of jezzails. I have one left with one wound. What the heck, charge them anyway, theres only 7. He wins combat and survives to run them down. Then charges a ratling gun and kills it. Then combo charges a unit of clanrats and continues to survive. He survives 3 turns with 1 wound.

Now I play with them as often as it seems appropriate to have them in a list.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I've got the say the dryad squad too. Not only have I been able to overwhelm rank and file with them, but the models are plain and simply some of the coolest in the game, IMO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

I have always loved the WayWathers. Just something about putting them in some ridiculas position and expaining to my opponent their rules that allow them to do that.
    One game, they took down a mage on turn 1, then a spwan for a few turns, then hit a fat unit of maraders (with hero) in the rear and rolled retarded good and sent em running.
    they are sneaky and fun, what more can i say?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I love pounding away at the enemy with 30 glade guard. Then jumping the emaciated target with a unit of dryads and wiping up. Of course, War Dancers, how many games have they won?
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Hehehe, I remember the first time I used them I ran them with a noble+amberpendant+greatsword. They annihilated half a saurus block. Twas epic.

It actually was a gattling slann list. Salamanders got eated by Dryads. One flank fell on turn six to multiple dryad charges, and the other had gotten slammed by the war dancers in turn thre. By the end, nothing was left except his slann-temple guard block, which basically didn't do anything the whole game (Banner of Ariel ftw v. magic missiles)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dryads, without a doubt.

They are cheap, nasty, virtually indestructable - and even when they do die it's like 'well done, you've killed 100 points.'

Though why I really like them is the amount of failed charges they have caused. You know the game is going your way when your opponent starts swearing that they can't charge your dryads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a unit per se, but I love my BSB/mage on foot (from Scarlocs's old unit). The lucky bastard does not always win battles for me, but he always manages to survive...
    Last edited by Dago; September 19th, 2009 at 01:17.
    Dago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

The more games I play the more I am convinced that Dryads are by far the best unit in the army list. I don't think it's really possible to have too many of them in a list.
    Last edited by swarmofseals; September 19th, 2009 at 21:33.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by swarmofseals View Post
    The more games I play the more I am convinced that Dryads are by far the best unit in the army list. I don't think it's really possible to have too many of them in a list.
    But the question was "what is your favortie unit," not which is best. I obviously don't think warhawks are the best, I just like playing them.

If dryads are your favorite also, then it is a fair statement, but just saying because they seem really powerful isn't a great reason.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast