Should we.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should we....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Should we....

There have been a few threads around lately about army list building. I was wondering what the wood elf forum users thought of the idea of having an army list topic. Should we have a thread dedicated to making lists for any who request them? Would anybody use it?

What are your thoughts?

SirKently

I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean, are you suggesting a thread where people post what kind of list they are looking for and then the experienced and awesome (i.e. you ) WE players would design a list for them to try out? If that's what you are suggesting I think its a nice idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As tbeckett I'm also not sure of what you mean. I do not see de difference w/ the army list topic.
    But what the heck, lets do it. The more topics, the merrier...
    Dago

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1555879

There is a discussion going on about having an army list section is each subforum. I don't think wood elves would lend themselves to a single army being the basis of all others, so I would suggest something like gingerninja's army building thread, but only for wood elves.

Hopefully several veterans would be willing to make lists for those that ask. Not that I don't like gingerninja's thread, but I don' think he is familiar enough with wood elves to make the subtle lists that we like to use. So it may be better for us to start our own thread for new comers that want an experienced player to make them an initial list while they get used to the army.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

First of all, it seems to me that there are a number of different approaches to army list building, which reflect the different playing styles, personalities and financial flexibilities of the player. It's all well and good having an "army list design" thread, but I expect that more often than not people will end up with something entirely different from what they want/expect/can afford to buy.

Now I should say at this point that I have a bit of a reputation in my local gaming community for being really bad at writing army lists (my armies are usually flavourful but not competetive), so in the past I've often asked other folks to write lists for me. What I've found is that the lists I'm presented with seldom match my own personal approach to Warhammer.

It usually runs something like this:

Joe says to Fred, "please write me an army list containing X, Y and Z".
    Fred says "Ok Joe, here's a list with X, Y, Z and A, B, C".
    Joe says "Cool, thanks Fred, but what about P, Q and R?"

Thus, we're back to square one, with Joe not sure how to use A, B and C and Fred convinced that P, Q and R aren't worth using.

Now, I'm not saying we shouldn't have a "gingerninja's fantasy army design thread" for Wood Elves specifically, but rather that if we do do it, then we should all at least be aware and prepared for the possibility that we will get back something that we don't like or even want. In essence, the message here is "don't submit a request and think that the reply is the only solution".

But then, maybe that goes without saying and this whole post is moot. I just wanted to throw this out there for y'all to consider.

Hakuna matata.

V.
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. I get it. But I suggest to make it more like a "starters list" that the "best WE list". Handling our force is difficult, so I think helping the newcomers is a must (and we seasoned players can learn a few tricks too)

EDIT: Vespasian message entered wile I was writing. I was answering sirkently's message
    Last edited by Dago; September 25th, 2009 at 00:49. Reason: Vespasian mesaje
    Dago

+ Reply to Thread