Some ideas for WE in 7th - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

Some ideas for WE in 7th

So was thinking of some stuff I would like to see as far as new units, wont go into update ideas so much.

Special choice: 1 cluster of fairies (they count as a monster, except for LoS purposes (they have 360 vision) and are on a 50mm square base)
    Stats: M3, WS2, BS3, S2, T2, W4, I6, A5, Ld7, Pts60
    Special Rules: Forest Spirit, Fly, Magic Resist 2, Poison Attacks, Fey Spirits.
    Weapons and Armor: Fairy bows.

Fairy bows profile: Range 18", S2, (the unit makes a number of shots equal to its number of attacks, and these are poison shots, they don't suffer the penalty for moving and shooting, or multiple shots.)

Fey Spirits: the unit may cast tree singing or fury of the forest at a bound spell level of 4 in each of your magic phases, and you may add +1 to your dispel rolls as long as your army contains at least 1 cluster of fairies.

Rare choice: 1 Forest Bear (monster on a 50mm square base)
    Stats: M5, WS4, BS0, S5, T5, W5, I4, A5, Ld7, Pts115
    Special rules: Forest spirit, Fear, Unbreakable, Scaly skin 5+
    Weapons and Armor: Claws and fangs.

Let me know what you guys think, and feel free to post any you may have.

Last edited by Lyzaru; October 14th, 2009 at 20:54.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

-A bolt thrower would be nice (HE and DE already have one)
    -Strength 4 attacks in close range on all WE longbows.
    -WE magic could use a boost.

More forest creature: wolves, bears
    Last edited by Uziel; October 14th, 2009 at 18:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

122 (x3)

well I personal don't wont bolter throwers for wood elves as I feel that is more a standard formation type army unit. I like that we have no war machines. I do believe that we should have a bolter thrower magic bow that is say 70 points and can be fired with either setting.

I do also believe all wood elf long bows should have the glade guard rule, would make glade riders and warhawk riders worth it.

The magic I believe is good just need to let tree singing and fury of the forest be cast into combat and the wild hunt be move and +1 attack instead of move or +1 attack.

Lots of magic items need some fixes.

and eternal guard should gain the following.
    Eternal: the unit may fight with as many models as it had before any attacks were made in this close combat phase or as many that are left if the number remaining is less then the number that were capable at the start. (example a unit of 15 5 across by 3 deep is charged in its fron and losses 4 models it would still fight with ten models as if its front 2 ranks had suffered no losses. if the unit were to suffer 7 loses it would fight with 8 even though it had 10 able to fight at the beginning it only has 8 models left now.) in other words they refill the ranks before making their attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzaru View Post
    and eternal guard should gain the following.
    Eternal: the unit may fight with as many models as it had before any attacks were made in this close combat phase or as many that are left if the number remaining is less then the number that were capable at the start. (example a unit of 15 5 across by 3 deep is charged in its fron and losses 4 models it would still fight with ten models as if its front 2 ranks had suffered no losses. if the unit were to suffer 7 loses it would fight with 8 even though it had 10 able to fight at the beginning it only has 8 models left now.) in other words they refill the ranks before making their attacks.
    Oh wow! I really like this idea! It's not ASF, just simply AS!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Uziel View Post

More forest creature: wolves, bears

actually, thats something of an excellent point! I mean, Athel Loren is supposed to be this rich forrest habbitat, i find it hard to belive it's only representatives are horses, a stag, and a few big birds. I think it makes a whole lot of sense to put Wildriders on Wolves insted of horses, fluffwise and gameplay wise.

GPS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like our Wood Elf army book now but I think some things may be better for what Wood Elves are and I cant find in any other army so many disadvantages and penalty in useing units, items and abilities like in our Army book
    And from what can see in others armies we should have some better bows and skill in using them (Wood Elves shold be the best archers in Warhammerworld) so no movement (as it is now :-) and long range penalty or better BS)
    And I always have idea about Wood Elves dont wear heavy armor or only light but instead they are agile and use camouflage so are harder to hit in close combat and by shot (in text about Wardancers you can read they are so quick they can dodge enemy shots), and have more ward saves.

We shouldnt have any warmachines (for that purpouse we have Treeman
    I like the idea to have some swarm and fly unit but I think this is not nessesary
    All Forest spirits and Wood Elves should be faster
    Some better magic bows and useable combos with magic arrows (it would be awesome to have Noble with BoL and AB now)
    Better magic- Treesinging should be bound spell to all Forest spirit characters (mages should be forest spirits for free but it should be choice) and more bound spell items and abilities, acces to Lore of Life and beast for heroes, maybe new spell to slow down enemies (but I thing bound treesinging would be enough)
    Unicorn should cost less points
    Better Forest Dragons breath weapon- In text you can read that armor agains poison breath is little to use. Str 3 and no armor save
    Great Stag should be awesome like a normal mount (like Princ Tirions mount Malhandir) (maybe Wild Riders to ride Stags instead horses but they are awesome as they are now)
    All Forest spirits should have 5+ward agains all attack (this is pretty wierd they cant use it agains magic attack)
    All should have str 4 longbows on short range
    Glade Guards should be skirmish as I dont get it why they should get rank bonnus as they are archers(or atleast they should be able to be promoted as scouts with str 4 longbows for extra cost)
    Wardancers should have ALF and 4+ward with rule like Armed to da Teeth or what they have now in profile + dances (I like that dance in 5th eddition where they were able to negate enemy rank bonus from rear or flang, and KB, Storm of Blades)
    Maybe WW with double shot, better BS, Champion would be able to take magic bows or arrows and with what they have
    Treeman is awesome in way he is now but maybe lesser cost (As hydra cost only 175 points and She doesnt have any disadvantage like Flammable and is pretty deadly) and maybe better LD (stupid Ogre have LD 10!)
    Warhawks are good too but atleast they should have -1 to be hit for that cost they are now) Terradons in Lizardmens army have 3 str4 attacks, poison shots, same special rules and cost 35points (wierd for me)
    Dryads are awesome in that way they are (Shapeshifting in 5th eddion was great but I think as a core they are perfect)
    Eternal guard should be stubborn, have bette save (maybe ward) and if character join them they shoul be immune to fear and terror (like a bodyguard rule in Dwarf army)
    Treekind are good but they should cost less (Kroxigors have 3 str7 attack and 4+save, they dont have disadvantage like Flammable and cost 55 points Treekind have T5 and ward 5+ but again they cant use it agains magic attack)
    And maybe Spites for Forest Spirit units for extra cost. New spites for units (you can see Spites all around Treeking and Treeman models)

I dont want Wood Elves to be overpowered but this is way how I see them.
    ----------
    Maybe some kind od Druid Character who use spells like Warrior Priest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of spite swarms and of forest animals.

I would also like to see the magic improved. Treesinging should have the option of moving woods into friendly and enemy units and also to create new forests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

122 (x3)

If treesinging could make a new forest and move them and cause damage it would be way too good of a spell seeing as how it is the first one too. I would say just replace the spell the grants fear or terror with a spell that creates a wood with size limits as per the free forest.

I am guessing the ward save of forest spirits will go to 5+ all the time as daemons save I believe was like ours in the last book for them but is all the time now.

Some other new units I thought of.

Core choice: 5-10 wolves / hounds (fast cav type unit)
    Stats: M9, WS4, BS0, S4, T3, W1, I5, A2, Ld7, Pts9
    Special Rules: N/A.
    Weapons and Armor: claws and fangs.
    Options: may be upgraded to forest spirits at plus 2 points per model.

Rare choice: 5-10: alter kin
    Stats: M9, WS5, BS4, S4, T3, W1, I7, A2, Ld9, Pts 23
    Special Rules: Skirmishers, Hunters.
    Weapons and Armor: hand weapon, light armor, longbow.
    Options:
    - may be given an additional hand weapon or shield at +1 point a model.
    - may be given a great weapon at +2 points per model.
    Hunters: they may be given one of the following rules, stubborn at +2 points per model, Immune to psychology at + 3 points per model, or always strikes first at +4 points per model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think WE should have a seperate lore. They should choose from Beasts and Life and automatically get treesinging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My opinion is that wood elves should have their lore, as Dark and High elves. Spells should be a little more offansive, and one big change should be one additional spell, such as to create power dice (Dark elves), or that anti magic spell of High elves. Wood elves should have one such powerful spell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast