Librarium Online Forums banner

Help please

492 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  TheGuiding 
#1 ·
First of all if this is in the wrong section i apologize, but i need some help with my wood elf list. I've been playing the asrai for about 4 months so i'm still getting the hang of them, so any tactical or army list suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My 2000p list so far is:

3/10 glade guard
2/5 glade riders
3 warhawks
2/5 waywatchers
8 wardancers
2 noble
1 spellweaver
1 brachwraith
2/10 dryads

I run an autumn list so for fluff i'm trying to keep the forest spirit numbers low. Basically i shoot attempt to flank with GR, dryads, wardancers and alters. Unfortunately i have 0/0/4 losses with my elves. My usual opponents are Druchii and chaos warriors.

#2 ·
I just wrote something up about playing against DE.

http://www.librarium-online.com/for...ctica-contributors-needed-10.html#post1581125

You have a good list to play against DE.

One trick is to deploy far back so that his shooting is out range, even if he moves 5". If you're 6" in at deployment, his shooting can't reach you. He would still be an inch out of range and have to move again if you stay put with your own archers, putting him at another -1 to hit in his second turn. Meanwhile you can start peppering him.

I try to eliminate DE fast units quickly. Get rid of fast cav and flyers that will get in your way.

I avoid ranked units for the most part. Black Guard are disgustingly good, especially with an ASF banner and maybe an assassin,

If you got rid of his fast units, like harpies and dark riders, then you can concentrate shooting on his ranked units. Hopefully they are marchblocked by your own fast units and/or scouts, buying you more time to shoot. Once a unit is thoroughly emaciated, jump it with your fighters.

Arcane bodkins work great against cold one riders if he's using those.

You could put your waywatchers into a single unit of 10 and find 50 pts for an eagle. That'd be worth it, especially if he's using RBT's.

#3 ·
well to start of with, this is indeed the wrong section. Normally spoken this should be posted under the "armylist section" but no worries, ill try to help out anyway ;)

To start of, what are your magic items on you nobles and spellweaver and bracnhwraith? That is an important part of how a list works... Also try to organize your list, at the moment its a bit messy.

So onto the armylist:

Lords:
Spellweaver 215
This is your only magic unit in this list. Since WE arent great magicians, you maybe want to replace this with a lord and replace one of the nobles with a standart scroll cady ( spellsinger 2x dispel scroll).
Heroes:
Noble 75

Noble 75

Branchwraith 65

So what are those magic item?
Core
10 GG 120
10 GG 120
10 GG 120
Looks good.

5 GR 120
5 GR 120
Looks good.

10 Dryads 120
10 Dryads 120
I field dryads in units of 8, but 10 is a good size unit as well.

Special:
8 Wardancers 144
Good unit

3 WH 120
I don't think this is a unit that will survive long enough to do any damage in 2000pts. Maybe beef them up or drop them altogether and beef up the WW.

Rare:
5 WW 120

5 WW 120
Maybe beef these up a bit, this way your lethal shot isn't very reliable
So I think the list needs a bit of tweaking, but it looks solid overall! I would really replace the spellweaver with a lord but that depends on your enemy as well. I hope this helped. If you post up the magic items you use i can give some more advice.

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies. My magic items are:

spellweaver - Wand of wych elm
- D. scroll

Noble - Amarthine broach
- helm of the hunt

Noble - Hunters talon
- Pageant of shrikes

Branchwraith - LVL 1
- +1 dispell dice
- Befuddlement of mischiefs

The reason that my WW are small is to maximise march blocking and i can then shoot at different targets. I use my warhawks to mage hunt and combo charge with other units/ marchblock.

#5 ·
Drop befuddlement. It's too conditional.

Weaver's equipment is fine.

I'd change the heroes quite a bit.

Have you tried alters yet?

Noble, hail of doom, helm of the hunt, great weapon, shield, lt amor -- that's five attacks at str 6 on the charge...pretty nasty

Hunters talon and shrikes isn't that great. Too many ifs. If you hit, if you wound, if he fails armor, if he fails ward, etc. There are better combos.

Plus, I think you can only use 1 shooting attack per shooting phase, but I'd need to check the BRB on that one.

#7 ·
About the shooting: your right, the rulebook states that a model can only make one shooting attack each shooting phase unless otherwise specified. The PoS rules say, and I quote:

In addition to any shooting attacks the model has, Shrikes confer an additional shooting attack
So that means that you can use PoS and HT in the same shooting phase.

I also like the hunter noble when I play against other elves. Simply because they have T3 and no armour... so that means they are easy pickings if you have a noble with BS6 on short range. And with 2 wounds, you can take out an mage every shooting turn. Than there is also the aspect of fear, your opponent will try to move the mage out of LoS, you can use this to keep your troops out of LoS as well!

it all depends on the enemy and the style you play.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.