Librarium Online Forums banner

Lost in the Forest

506 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Galaeryn 
#1 ·
Ok so here I am getting bored of my other armies and I find myself drawn to the protectors of Athel Loren, I swear war is not a hobby its an addiction. Anyways the question I have is....

I have now 2 battalion box sets which gives me

48 Glade Guard
16 Glade riders
24 Dryads

As well I picked up a box of 10 wardancers, a treeman which is in the process of a conversion overhaul, 5 wild riders, 10 eternal guard 2 spellsingers and a noble

so what should I get next since im kind of new to the forest? also what should I expect from this army I hear its a finesse style play which is definately a lurning curve from my skaven and OnG masochistic ways sigh

anyways any help would be fabulous

#3 ·
Wildrider units are typically in 6, so you may want to get one of those. I actually use the Highborn on steed as my 6th wild rider since there isn't much use for the model and it looks pretty bad-ass.

The Eagle is a great adition to any list.

You will probably only need 1/2 the glade riders you have as archers, you may want to convert some of the others into scouts and waywatchers.

Characters you will want to get is the Highborn on foot with the Great Weapon and a caster type. these are common in most armies.

#7 ·
Well I think everything has been said,

A second Noble (our magic isnt as strong as it might look) to run 2 alters.

A great eagle, really handy for march blocking.

some waywatchers nice when going against heavy armoured close combat armies.

But there is one unit I field a lot when playing against artillery heavy armies (like dwarfs or empire). And that is warhawks. Not everyone plays them, they need to git into your style. But that goes for everything "special" from the WE ;)

So I suggest you buy some (4-6) warhawks to squash those artillery fire lines!

And welcome to the Forest!

#8 ·
Okie dokie well just got back from the mini gamesday the local gw was running btw i won some nifty stuff ( gamesday exalted hero of chaos and some other cool stuff) but picked up 2 warhawks 6 waywatchers a spellsinger and another noble so ill be posting in the Painting section my current WIP im thinking of either autumn or a bayou "swamp" look to the elves lots of dark colours with a bit of teal and see how it looks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.