Where do WE Rank? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where do WE Rank?

Where do you say wood elves rank in the overall army lists? Heck, where does every army rank.

1) Demons
    2) Vampire Counts
    3) Dark Elves

4) High Elves
    5) Lizard men
    6) Skaven
    7) Warriors of Chaos
    8.) Wood Elves
    9) Dwarves
    10.) Bretonnians
    11) Empire
    12) Tomb Kings

13) Beasts of Chaos
    14) Orcs and Goblins
    15) Ogre Kingdoms

I put spaces in because i feel there are very large discrepancies between the top three and the bottom three. I feel Woodies fit pretty snuggly in the middle of the pack. Soo what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with your placement of wood elves, but from my experiences I'd say:

1-Daemons
    2-Vamps
    3-Dark Elves

4-WoC
    5-High Elves
    6-Lizardmen
    7-Skaven
    8-Wood Elves
    9-Dwarves
    10-Empire
    11-Brets
    12-O&G
    13-Ogres

14-Tomb Kings
    15-BoC

I think that most people underestimate an ogre army if used well with a good general. I also think that it is disputable between vamps and dark elves, as both a very good.

However, you're a lot more exerienced than me, as you've helped me out on a number of army list, so you're prbably right!

thegreat1
    Last edited by gnoblargobbler; December 7th, 2009 at 18:30.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Let's get this straight:

1-Daemons
    2-Dark Elves
    3-Vamps

4-Lizardmen
    5-High Elves
    6-Skaven
    7-Wood Elves
    8-WoC
    9-Dwarves
    10-Empire (Possibly better than dwarfs. They have some nasty builds available)
    11-Brets
    12-Tomb Kings
    13-O&G

14-BoC
    15-Ogres

Admittedly it's all very subjective. But WE are better than WoC, as are Lizzies. WoC just doesn't have the flexibility (Gateway Spam doesn't count) to take on highly mobile armies like WE or Lizards.

Wood Elves lack a certain degree of hitting power, but with Treemen and Treemen Ancients (Hitting on 6s is still a cheap trick) there are opportunities to make up for it. Primarily you're better placed to pick your fights, which just leaves the higher end armies with similar and/or better tricks (DE, DoC and Lizzies) to show you up.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The top three are so powerful i dont really think you can make such a descripancy between VC and DE. Demons are clearly extremely powerful.

Ive only played WoC once, and it was a hard fought battle.
    Dwarves and Empire are pretty close. However in my expereince i feel that Dwarves definately have an advantage.

Id really like tosee other army players post here, and see what the outside look on Woodies is. I have heard they are both OP and UP

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I don't play Wood Elves...never will .

While WE have an advantage over WoC, overcoming their armour and toughness will always be the challenge. But equally, WoC will always have difficulty actually fighting wood elf units on their own terms (even more so if the Woodies keep to terrain).

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

I would say that wood elves are in the middle of the pack. I think skaven will start to climb with there new book. Maybe up to 4th or 5th. I think vamps are starting to fall as people learn to play against them. I pretty much agree with Rork's list, though I would move skaven ahead of high elves.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

As far as overall in fantasy I would say we are in the middle.

However I believe this is mostly due to the fact that the army in general plays very differently from all the others, and that since most of the wood elf players I have seen are veteran gamers they tend to be able to make the most of this. I have heard a lot of my opponents say that their biggest problem with facing me is that my army fights so differently from everything else that what is good verse others is almost always been pointless against me.

As for the army book itself goes I would say from we are in the bottom 3rd as lots of units and magic gear has no value and many units need some rule updates.

For the 3 I have the most trouble with I would say Daemons, High Elves, and EOTG spam Lizards. Daemons because lets face it they are a really strong army and I run almost all forest spirits. High Elves because them always striking first really hurts when you have soft units that count on hitting first from charging, although my new list should not be affected nearly as much. Lizards, cause the engine just murders forest spirit armies.
    Last edited by Lyzaru; December 8th, 2009 at 05:13.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkently View Post
    I would say that wood elves are in the middle of the pack. I think skaven will start to climb with there new book. Maybe up to 4th or 5th. I think vamps are starting to fall as people learn to play against them. I pretty much agree with Rork's list, though I would move skaven ahead of high elves.
    I would still put Lizards ahead of Skaven. Skaven are still very unreliable - Most of their weapons are very random and can't be relied on. Lizards have reliability in a much wider spectrum (magic, psychology, poison++) than Skaven, so while the rats will be able to beat them, they're unlikely to have the consistency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Rork.

Even 'soft' lizard man lists (read soft as: 1 steg) can still be deadly powerful. Their casters are cheap with the exception of Slann(more like SLAM) mages, and they can surely put a a wicked amount of poison darts into the air.

I havent had a chance to play against the new rats, but I'm sure i will eventually. From what i hear thou besides from new trinkets and toys they are basically the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Honestly, I'm far more terrified of the dual hydra list.

Flame templates of that strength make me lose.

And the stupid saves make it so it's really hard to kill in combat. I can take one, but not two...
    EDIT:
    So yeah, I know the solution is to avoid them. but it has an effective 20" range with the tip of its template. (march 12", breath 8")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast