Wardancers vs Tree Kin - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Wardancers vs Tree Kin

When filling out a list do you take wardancers or Tree kin? Why do you take one over the other?Which unit do you think is better over all?

Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Wardancers are one of the best, if not the best, combat unit in the wood elf army. Treekin rate near the bottom and I only take them in very specialized lists.

Treekin just don't dish out enough death, and therefore too often come out on the short end of the stick when it comes around to combat resolution. Wardancers can dish out a lot of hurt, have 360 degree LoS, and the dances are just cool.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

You get bonus points in a battle if you say "They're doing 'The Robot' this turn" and your opponent simply asks "What bonus does that give?"

I've only used Wardancers so far but I like them a lot, I have got four tree kin (25th anniversary box) that are still unaassembled, I have them in higher point armies and am looking forward to having a game with them one day. May try a Forest Spirit pure army (I can probably manage 2k) and see how they do
    Fantasy: Wood Elves, Dark Elves, Beastmen and Tomb Kings.
    40k: Tyranids
    LotR: Misty Mountains and Rohan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Treekin have their place. I sometimes use them as a treeman light. It opens up a rare slot for eagles mostly. I would never take them under a unit of four and you will need to make sure that the general with leadership 10 and a BSB are around just to make sure that they stick in combat, but the same could be said for a lot of units. toughness and strength 5 with 3 wounds is a fantastic, you just need to make sure that there is a hammer to thier anvil.

Wardancers on the other hand are one of the most flexable units in the game. A unit of 7 with command can throw 22 strength 4 attacks on the charge. Which is plain bannannas. The always strike first dance can be useful when you get charged as well as the improved ward save. Killing blow is always a neat trick.

All in all, I think that both are great units and they work really well together. If you have the points and the slots I would take both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wardancers rip stuff up, take 7-8 in a group, job done, they can try their hand at anything since they are mobile and deadly.

Missile fire is their only weakness. I

use these as my 'clean-up squad', try and keep them away from rank and file units, unless you can negate their rank bonus, or you know you can kill atleast 5-6 safely.
    - Wood Elves + Orcs & Goblins since 2009 -

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Wardancers, hands down. Treekin are too immobile and too expensive. Wardancers hit hard, can generate just as many wounds, and serve many more functions without being sitting ducks for any hard hitting unit or ranked unit.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Wardancers. They are just plain old fashioned bad ass.

They are also more flexible as a unit and simply deal more damage than Tree Kin.

Finally on a fluff poiint of view you get to hum the Last of the Mohicans theme tune when you charge in with Wardancers.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

+ Reply to Thread