Wild Riders Conversions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member slann-o-engine-eo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Wild Riders Conversions

I need everyones help here on proper conversions for wild riders.

I wanted to know all of your opionins on making wild rider sout of glade riders with dryad bits.
    Im thinking about keeping the spears on their back and removing the bows from their capes and using dryad arms and maybe dryad heads for the arms and head.

i think I could pull this conversion off without thenm looking like the real wild riders because of the fact that they are forest spirits so I want to make them look like forest spirits or maybe half man and half spirit to make them look like they are changing to get into combat

any thoughts or ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Well, what I would do, is swap out the glade rider arms, for Dryad arms.

Then I'd not use capes at all, but greenstuff trees into the hole where the cape is supposed to go. This way it looks like they have branches growing out of their backs like Dryads. I also only use the hooded heads, although, that's probably preferential.

If you use the dryad arms that reach forward, you can get them holding spears and thrusting forward. Also, you can probably attach branch components the horses if you wish, like antlers growing out of their heads.

I did unarmed versions of these for wardancers, and they look great! I'll try taking a picture and throwing it up sometime this evening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The easiest way that i found is to do a 50/50 split with horses and dryads. File the saddle flat and taper the neck slightly. glue a torso up dryad to the neck slot and fill in with green stuff. A nice little addition is to use green stuff to add vines wrapping around the body and legs. It end up looking really cool and completley diff to the normal ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Yeah. That's probably cheaper too. Just buy a box of Dryads and some horse sprues on line.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Taken from Asrai.org

Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread