Chariots are rumbling - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chariots are rumbling

Hi All,

I play some nice games against a friend of mine (O&G) and the major problem is that I get my treehugger butt kicked by his chariots. We play 1500 points and he can field 3 of those bastards. Being fast is nice, being roadkill isn't. What's the best way to stop those chariots (luring in the forest won't work has been tried) The only thing that I found effective is my treeman.

Greetz,

Rolef

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do not let him charge you obviously.

or hit him with things that have a greater charge range than the chariots (coughGreatWeaponWieldingAltercough)

another tatic that works well with (orc chariots especially) is use your fear causing units.
    a Unit of 8 dryads will outnumber a single chariot so he will need to pass a leadership test to even get that charge off. (chariot leadership 7?)

also bait and flee with glade riders. luring his chariot into an unfortunate position so he can be charged by any number of units

in summary use some of the basic strats you have been using as a wood elf general to over come these wheeled wonders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chariots are though, and a chariot with a heroe attached it pretty strong!

But a chariot has some major weaknesses, first it cannot march. So its slow until it can hit something! Make use of that! Outmanoeuvre it! Than a chariot does NOT have a 360 LoS. So when you are in its flank, you are in its flank!

I dont think its advisable to take a chariot heads-up so try to get a flank with the dryads! (very nice, outnumbered by fear causing blabla) then I dont know the stats of the orc chariot, but I do know those of a lion chariot (High elves) and as long as you dont hit the front arc your doing fine! Cause then only the crew can hit... so that means 2-4 attacks... and that is something you can overcome.

SO it is as midvalley pointed out, charge them, do not let them charge you!

+ Reply to Thread