How to paint Winter Scheme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to paint Winter Scheme

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if you could please help me with a Winter Colour scheme. I know there is one in the army book, but I dont like the look of that too much..maybe more blues with whites?

Share your knowledge and techniques my kin!

Cheers,
    Dex

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, painting winter scheme isnt as hard as it looks.

For the Glade gaurd, base them ice blue (maybe enchanted undercoat for comfort) then blend them up to white by mixing ice blue with skull white. For the blue parts, base enchanted blue and line highlights with ice blue + Enchanted blue (about 1:1).

If you want to give the capes a different color (lets say red) then drybrush the bottom edge with ice blue (the lower on the cape the heavier). Just on the edge, so it looks as if the capes have been dragged through snow.

Maybe look at the High Elf archers for inspiration... those are pretty neat with blues and whites! You can always use the standard colours and apply an ice blue dry brush to the edges that are dragged through snow. But if you go for that I would do more browns, and autumn colours like red and yellow for the rest. No greens.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by TheGuiding; February 4th, 2010 at 14:43.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread