Topic of the Week - Treeman - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Topic of the Week - Treeman

This is the start of a new series, that will hopefully bring new ideas and tactics to the forums. Each week, a new topic will be posted up about a different unit in the army book. This gives you your chance to discuss the unit to its fullest. So, please leave your comment!

This week's topic is - Treeman

How useful is he? What kind of army does the treeeman work best with? Why take him over any other rare option? How useful are his abilities?

Discuss.

Kuffy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

I'll start us off Kuffy.

I believe he's a good fire magnet. Used right he can potentially draw enough fire away from while you position your hammer and anvil squads or your Glade Guard raining death your enemy. People tend to overestimate the Treeman's ability.

As he stands, he's a fine unit. I'd get rid of his strangle-root ability and put something else in its place though. Majority of the time, I am close enough to charge anyhow with such a small range so I think the ability is too 'situational'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I've dropped the Treeman from my lists now, he just doesnt cut the mustard for me at his points cost. I can take 2-3 more units for his same price.

But I've changed my playstyle with my WE from combative to a much more gurrilla warfare list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i use my treeman as more of a fright tactic. Ive only seen the man in combat once or twice and he certainly holds his own. However most people fear him more than not. Deploying him down a flank can really cause your opponent to worry about that side and over adjust leaving you some room to hit a weak spot with your WR or WD. However in my last game against empire he single handedly caused 4 units of empire cav to run like girls. 3 outriders and 1 knights booked across the field.

Great unit especially if he can draw some attention away from my more mobile units, and if he gets left alone can cause some damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I offen use the treeman but I have not had so much luck with him latley. like it says above he is good to make people afraid. One of the things I use him is to negative the rankbonuses of the enemis and that is importent for WE. I would like more info about what you think with units that you should attack with him.

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalley View Post
    i use my treeman as more of a fright tactic. Ive only seen the man in combat once or twice and he certainly holds his own. However most people fear him more than not. Deploying him down a flank can really cause your opponent to worry about that side and over adjust leaving you some room to hit a weak spot with your WR or WD. However in my last game against empire he single handedly caused 4 units of empire cav to run like girls. 3 outriders and 1 knights booked across the field.

Great unit especially if he can draw some attention away from my more mobile units, and if he gets left alone can cause some damage.
    Don't ya love that? Group of Bret knights charged him, but got scared. I charged, and they ran off the board. Epic win!

+ Reply to Thread