Wood Elf Strategies, I need some. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wood Elf Strategies, I need some.

I need some strategies for Wood Elves. I am starting a new Wood elf army and only know the basics of how to lure them into the forest could you please post your strategies here?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I played them a couple years ago.. haven't got a game in since I used MSU. Many small units. Wood elves can do an MSU army very very very well, which is what they're intended for. My old 2k list I had a block of 10 wild riders. Seems pricy, but they made up their points and then some. Doing multiple charges is what I did to good effect. I typically tried to rush in dryads on the front and have wardancers hit the sides. I've had some troubles vs armies that have alot of blocks of troops. Empire and o&g mainly. Its hard to set up a flank charge then. I've actually done quite well vs a dwarf list with anvil. He got greedy and blew up. I basically just charged in and hacked him to pieces. What wood elves lack in SCR make up in overall kills.

When I finally bought some eternal guard, I used them as a huge tarpit unit with a noble in there. They really never killed much, but they held a block of 12 ogres for 4 turns or so. I know I gave one a warbanner and I don't remember what else to my noble. After my wardancers chewed up his other ogre units with combined charges from other things, I hit the rear with wild riders, and the sides with wardancers.
    Last edited by Utsujin; February 25th, 2010 at 20:46.
    Why.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Check out the tactica thread. Lots of good concepts there.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...06-2010-a.html (LO Wood Elves Tactica: 2006 - 2010)

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, That really helps. and I need all the help I can get. I usually play 40 K Orks so i'm going from a horde army to... well the opposite, Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread