Some character idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Some character idea

I had an idea for some characters and I want to run them by people.

Level 2 Spellsinger: dsipel scroll, elynetts broach 170
    branchweaith: CoR and AoN.

Give +2 to dispel attempts an extra dispel dice, a scroll and a re-roll on psychology for one unit (gladeguard)

This will allow me to take a machinegun Alter (although I am looking at starfire arrows as opposed to arcane bodkins, to force panic checks on horde units).

What do you think?

Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Spellsinger: Depends on other characters. If you are running a weaver, then I would leave her at level 1. I have found the level upgrade really never gets used. As for the broach, again it depends where she will be. If you are going near a BSB, then it will be redundant. I assume it is just to reroll a panic check. If you are out on the flank, it could help.

I use the wraith just like this, and it works nice. Like to put her in a unit of treekin.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

What about:

Highborn
    Alterkin
    Great Weapon, Light Armor
    Armor of Destiny, Amber Pendant, Other Trickster's Shard

It's better then just taking a striking sword (+2 S) because you are almost guaranteed to go first, unless your opponent has I9 or 10.
    Last edited by ikbuh; July 20th, 2010 at 15:57.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I likey, but why not Spellweaver, more points to spend!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Exactly, I wanted to focus on magic defence and some utility, hence the Broach. She will give my Gladeguard re-rolls for those psych checks.

I think a lot of people are getting carried away with Level 4 casters in 8th, but my elves tend to concentrate on magic defence and spend the point on other things like Highborns with starfire arrows etc.

I have been looking at an Alter Highborn with the Sword of ASF, Potion of Strength, Init 9, re-roll misses against anything that isn't init 10 and have strength 7 for a turn of combat. Could be really handy against some tough critters or cavalry? And it cannot be dispelled.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread