Librarium Online Forums banner

Glade Guard Conversion Ratio

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ikbuh 
#1 ·
I have a total of 72 Glade Guard figs, they arent built yet so I am thinking of converting some of them into Waywatchers. I have heard a lot of good things about waywatchers after 8th edition and want to put a good amount in my army but dont want to spend so much money on packs of three. I have researched the conversion part and I am pretty confident there. I just want to know a good way to split up my Glade Guard. I was thinking 30 GG, 12 Scouts, 20 WW. But then I read more on WW and am starting to think 20 is over kill and I would never use all of them. So what is a good GG/Sc/WW ratio and how should I split each one up into different units?

#2 ·
I have a total of 72 Glade Guard figs.
I just want to know a good way to split up my Glade Guard. I was thinking 30 GG, 12 Scouts, 20 WW.
First of your math is off by 10, so congratulations you've just gained 10 models ;)

30+12+20=62

Next I don't think anyone really uses Scouts, - Anyway I don't - and if they do Scouts are the same models as Glade Guard, and you could easily play with the Scouts counting as Glade Guard depending on their formation. I don't know about tournament play, that would depend on how strict they are.
Up to 3000 points you may also only have a total of 2 units of Waywatchers in your army, and units of 10 are really big and therefore have a big targetting mark on their heads. In 7th I played with units of 5 WW, I haven't played with them yet in 8th.
I split Glade Guards into lots of small units of 5X2 and then a single bigger one where I spent the last of my remaining points.

So I suggest something along the lines of 42 GG, 20 Scouts(could also be used as GG) and 10WW

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you too much :D

#3 ·
Thanks! I thinks that a good idea. I have been reading, and I keep coming across people saying that the more GG you have the better because 8th made our combat really bad. I not too familiar with the new rules regarding scouts and waywatchers with 8th but I heard the were better than 7th. I made my scouts wear hoods so putting them in with hoodless GG will look funny but would work just fine. Plus the color scheme is different so that will also make them look a little out of place. I am not to worried about it though. I dont play really big games often so I am thinking that I wouldnt need to use them as GG anyway. But its still a good point. I am also thinking GG unit wise that I would usually run 3 units of 10 then 1 Unit of 15 (making my scouts go down to 17) I thought I would be really cool looking to do different color schemes for each unit (ie. spring, summer, autumn) But thats just a thought.

#4 ·
My suggestion would be the following:

20 GG + Full command (23 models)
10 GG + Musician/standard (12 models)
10 GG w/musician (10 models)
10 GG w/musician (10 models)
10 Waywatchers (10 models)
7 Scouts (7 models)

This will give you the greatest flexibility when making lists. Scouting isn't great in this edition, but waywatchers do have good special rules. And scouts can take up a few extra points when you don't have anything else cheap enough to put in.

SirKently

#5 ·
I have the same amount of Glade Gaurd actually (1 Batallion and 3 boxes =P) and I made 60 GG and 11 Way Watchers and 1 Character because I already had a blister of WW and I use them in groups of 7. GG and scouts should use the same models as far as I know, so you shouldn't have a problem there. The way Watchers were a fun conversion though and I can show you some when I'm not leaving for work. Basically I used the fancy cloaks that came with the GG and a combination of sword and bow arms. Some have two swords out and I glued an armless bow under their cloak, some have a sword and bow ready, and some use a standard shooting model with a fancy cloak.

The only issue with the WW is ranking them next to each other, but it's not that bad =P

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.