Becomming like Ogres? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Becomming like Ogres?

Okay - so i dont know how it is for everyone else, but all of my lists recently have been around lots of Treekin + Treemen, 25%Glade Guard and Some Characters.

This army type is beginning to ressemble an Ogre list with so many monsters + Minfantry.

Is this okay for us woodies? or are our 65pt treekin too expensive to be he bread and butter of our army?

With 3 Treemen and 24 Treekin to play with, I am trying to come up wih the best list..

- Wood Elves + Orcs & Goblins since 2009 -

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

For a competitive list, I think this is fine. Compared to other armies monstrous infantry I think treekin are better for around the same cost. They get a limited ward save, where most don't have one. They are str/toughness 5, whereas most others are 4. And on top of that, usually have a better leadership.

I think they are great as the bread and butter of our lists.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 x 8 Treekin
    2 x Treemen
    Lots of Glade Guard
    and Some characters

This is my way now.

I dont use any horses which is sad, but sensible... I used to love Glade Riders but they are just useless now, even Wildriders are too weak in 8th..

Spellweaver with Ryhmers in amongst the Huge Block of 25% Glade Guard is my fave at the moment. If anything gets past the Treekin / Treemen then follow then this works well:

- When the enemy gets close I Free-reform to gain ranks 10xN and get ready to be charged, stand and shoot and then (with our high init) strike first too with 3 ranks of glade guard in mele. Weakens them a lot.
    - Wood Elves + Orcs & Goblins since 2009 -

+ Reply to Thread