Volley Fire on the Move? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Volley Fire on the Move?

Can wood elves volley fire after they move?
    I want to take a block of 30 GG, but it may be too many of they cant volley on the move.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

No we can't. Even though we don't suffer a penalty for movement, we have still moved which negates the chance to volley fire.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dang... oh well. thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Stick GG in trees.
    2. your Tree Wizards move trees 6" at a time across the map like a land boat.
    3. Fire GG from trees.
    4. Raise a middle finger to GW rules

This, I think, is less effective in 8th edition due to the (new) magic rules. I wouldn't waste the power dice to accomplish this really, save them for better spells.

I'M IN A FOREST.
    I'M IN A FOREST.
    EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME CAUSE I'M SAILIN' IN A FOREST
    I'M RIDIN' DEER, DOIN' FLIPS N SH*

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Actually, I've been experimenting with a Level 2 Treesinger with a Caligator's staff and it has proven to be amazing. Just throw a single die into each cast because you only need a 4 anyway and it's no big deal (usually) if it doesn't go off. If your opponent wants to dispell it, that's less dice they have for your better spells. Considering the lowest you can roll is a 5 because 1/2 is auto fail, they need to waste a wizard or waste two dice to consitantly dispell it and you can cast it twice per phase. That's 2d3+4 inches of movement that we can pull off with two dice. A unit of 6x6 glade guard should fit inside your starting 6" woods, which would amount to 24 shots (6 in the first two ranks, 3 in the other 4) that can fire 30" and move 2d3+4" a turn. Also, note that the damaging portion of Tree Singing has unlimited range and deals 1d6 S5 hits to any unit partioally in a forest =P
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats is nice but you cant cast any more spells with that wizard if you fail to cast a single spell...just thought you should know...
    What do you do if Glade Guard are sitting in some woods with a Treeman nearby? You can't do anything to the Treeman, and if you charge the Glade Guard, all kinds of Elven woodiness will get to you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Manpandas View Post
    thats is nice but you cant cast any more spells with that wizard if you fail to cast a single spell...just thought you should know...
    I know. Usually, it's no big deal though because it's not your main caster and it's not like it'll never get to cast again. The other thing you need to consider is that you don't run the risk of a miscast, which would be worse than not casting for a turn =P
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

+ Reply to Thread