The Challenge-Master - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Challenge-Master

Setting down my deamonic legions for a while, I went out and bought the wood-elf army deal (also as a little b-day present to myself). Reading through the book I can say that I'm quite pleased with the character-options. There are so many different things to choose from.
    These characters could easilly dominate the combat phase if made to. My question is, if you have the Spite-Annoyance of Netlings, and the Fimbulwinter Shard, can you not be hit in a challenge? As they would need 6's to hit you, but get -1 to their roll (thusly a 5 is the top they could roll). If so, it would be a great idea to have this combination on a Noble with ether Eternal Kindred or the Alter kindred, as all you need to do is get into combat with a unit that has a champion, hope your "retinue" can do some more damage, and hope to get an overkill bonus with your 4 attacks against a simple champion. If it doesn't work this way... oh well, still fun to try.
    (Also, this combination (eternal kindred, not alter kindred) costs a total of only 5 points more than an unequipped level 2 spellsinger, and you still get your bow shot outside of combat).

Now, if there is any reason I wouldn't take it, it is that I normally play a very defensive way, I'd just hide in forrests and shoot them as they come, when they charge me they would require 6's to hit me anyway.
    Oppinions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that in the WHFB Rulebook it says when you need a 7 To Hit or Wound (I have this scarcely in my mind, dunno bery correct), you need to roll a 6 first and (in the case of a 7) a next die with the score of 4+.

Cheers,
    -MvC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as far as im aware mannfred is correct,
    and congratulations on buying the wood elf army deal, i got one myself as well for my birthday (thanks dad)
    the models are really nice i love the glade guard
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

You're thinking of shooting. You can hit on a 7, 8, or even a 9. You need first a 6 and 4+, then a 6 and 5+, or last a 6 and another 6.

But that's just for shooting. Remember: in Warhammer, a roll of 6 always hits, just as a roll of 1 always misses, regardless of modifiers. There is no 7 to hit.

As the netlings only apply to challenges, then in those challenges, the opponent would need a 6. Otherwise the shard applies, meaning opponents will need, at the least, a four and, at the most, a 6 to hit.

I used the annoyance of netlings to good effect today. I challenged at every opportunity, only coming up against unit champions since my opponent's army was sorceress heavy. That's overkill a-plenty, especially if you take the murder of spites, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

the annoyance ot netlings and the shard don't work out together, the annoynaces says your opponent will only hit on 6s, and this is regardless of modifiers or WS.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Pack
    the annoyance ot netlings and the shard don't work out together, the annoynaces says your opponent will only hit on 6s, and this is regardless of modifiers or WS.
    If they have that sword of striking (+1 to hit), do they not hit on 5's then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

That I would not know gotta ask one of them GW rule lackeys...
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it ignores the sword obiously because it introduces a modifyer that our item clearly does not allow.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Good question. My sense is that it would ignore the sword. And there's another item that will raise some controversy, the one that forces the opponent to go last, even if he has initiative or some ability that allows him to strike first. As its worded, I think that it overrides them going first. Anyhow, the FAQ will be a while in the coming. There will be a lot of rolling off for decisions, I imagine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x2)

i'd say the only thing that could effect the annoyance (it's actually a very accurate name!) is a magic item that hits automatically. if there's anything with a set to hit roll (i forget) then that'll be the same.

at least that's how i've taken it.
    I still hate Twiglets!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast