Question about Eternal Kindred - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about Eternal Kindred

I was looking through the WE armybook and wanted to try and make some lists and came over this thought.
    If I pick a noble with kindred eternal and picks a great weapon... does he still get the +1 if he is in bas contact cause it says that the Eternal Fighting style ignores what equipment the model has and considers it fighting with two hand wepaons? Or does it even override the effects of a great weapon?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

He can't take a great weapon if he's eternal. Of course, he doesn't have to be eternal to join that unit. If he does take that kindred, he gains the extra hit and the 5+ armor save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm... ok I don't have the armybook yet (read it at a store) but from my memory it said that giving a noble kindred eternal only adds the Eternal fighting style (can't remenber the exact name) rule and that the special rule wont have effect if he chooses a magic weapon or magic armour. I can't remenber that it said that you couldn't choose other equipment such as great weapons.
    But heck I could be wrong...

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

The way I interpret the book is that if you give an eternal a different weapon or armor, then he loses the eternal guard fighting style and you just wasted the points.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) A character with the eternal kindred rule benefits the eternal guard fighting style as long as he doesn't use any magic weapon or armour. The rule only refers to magic weapons, but..

2) whatever the weapon or armour they use, eternal guards (an eternal kindred IS an eternal guard) are considered as having a 5+Sv, they gain +1 attack in the front row (additional weapon) and are considered as equiped with lance in the 2nd row (so they can make 1 attack).

It seems clear to me that it's useless to give your character any weapon or armor improvement as this is simply wasted points. I'd still give him a bow, as this can prove useful when fighting from a distance. And as you don't need the eternal guard fighting style when you're not engaged in a close fight, why not add some firepower?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole kindred seems like a waste of points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wynydis
    and are considered as equiped with lance in the 2nd row (so they can make 1 attack).
    You mean spears right

but ok... so you guys're saying that ethernal fighting style is overriding rules of other weapons... ok got that. thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser117
    The whole kindred seems like a waste of points.
    yep. slap him with a great weapon, or some kind of magic deally.
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>PO-TA-TOES</span>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>i know, in todays world, the weak are protected, so evolution is now non-existant for humans. To keep the race moving forwards, there should be tests to see if you are good enough to have kids- k-tana</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zhaf
    You mean spears right

but ok... so you guys're saying that ethernal fighting style is overriding rules of other weapons... ok got that. thanks
    Yes, spear... I cannot see any real difference, as the word lance in French is used for both cavalry and infantry. As long as i don't call it a javelin...

And yes, Eternal fighting style is overriding all other weapons rules, this seems quite clear when looking at the army book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the whole point wyndis is that there actually ARE lances in warhammer. Lances are used on cavalry and give large str bonuses on the charge.

+ Reply to Thread