A couple of questions for Eternal Guard and Wargear - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

A couple of questions for Eternal Guard and Wargear

Howdy everyone. I've got a couple of questions that've been bugging me.

1. There is a piece of wargear (Stone of Rebirth, I think it is called) that gives a character a 2+ ward save on his last wound. The thing that gets me is under the description, it says that this is a one use item. So, let me paint a scenario - My Noble (a 2 wound creature) gets hit (ow) and fails his piddly 6+ save, reducing him to one wound. Thanks to the Stone of Rebirth, does the next wound he take get a ward save made on a 2+, and then no save after that? Or does the Stone grant him a 2+ ward until he is dead?

2. I'm totally psyched about Eternal Guard. I bought a box set and command blister and converted an Eternal Guard Noble from a Warhawk Rider model. Anyway, my question is this. I plan to run the Eternal Guard in a 2x6 block (11 Guard and the Noble). Let's say an enemy charges me, then if a character challenges me, and I decline the challenge, my Noble/Champion will me moved to the second rank. Since Eternal Guard fight with spears in the second rank, will I still get to attack? Or does declining the challenge say that I have to go to the back rank and just suck on my thumb for that turn?

Sorry if some of this seems incoherent. I'm coming off of a cold. :/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can never fight after you refuse a challenge. the eternal guard are the best models ever. just seen 1 unit of 14+ noble with amber pendant take down:
    20 orc big uns
    40 night goblins
    3 trolls
    15 regular orcs
    10 wolf riders
    3 dogs of war ironguts

how good are these guys and i love the models
    i didnt do it it was him 'onest boss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by the horned rat
    you can never fight after you refuse a challenge. the eternal guard are the best models ever. just seen 1 unit of 14+ noble with amber pendant take down:
    20 orc big uns
    40 night goblins
    3 trolls
    15 regular orcs
    10 wolf riders
    3 dogs of war ironguts

how good are these guys and i love the models
    That just either luck, or simply a really bad general at the head of the orcs.

Don't try to over achive with these guys, theys till have a toughness of 3 and 5+ armour, the only thing that keeps them from being run down is the stubborn status, wich is widely bypassed by a fear causeing unit.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they still rock though i dont care how badly they do in the next few battles they have a booked a place in my army for a long time. plus the models are awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Yeah, I plan on giving my Eternal Guard Noble the Amber Pendant and Gwynerth's Horn (sp) so they can be immune to psychology on the critical turn that they need to stay around for a fight.

I was talking with my resident gaming club fantasy guru, and we were discussing the usefulness of the Eternal Guard Kindred upgrade.

I figure, for 5 points, I'm getting the equivalant of an extra hand weapon and heavy armor. Not a bad deal. I think the only thing that makes the Eternal Guard Kindred not that great is the potential for other kindreds to be much more powerful.

Still, I think it's cool for fluff that my Eternal Guard are led by an Eternal Noble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep all my armies that have eternal guard have a noble/highborn with the eternal kindred hanging around. for 1 thing you can make some really good conversions for him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MobiusPrime
    I was talking with my resident gaming club fantasy guru, and we were discussing the usefulness of the Eternal Guard Kindred upgrade.
    I'm personally a fan of the Eternal Guard Kindred upgrade, it's just a really cheap way to get an extra hand weapon and heavy armor, and it leaves your magic points to get lots of fiddly bits.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MobiusPrime
    Howdy everyone. I've got a couple of questions that've been bugging me.

1. There is a piece of wargear (Stone of Rebirth, I think it is called) that gives a character a 2+ ward save on his last wound. The thing that gets me is under the description, it says that this is a one use item. So, let me paint a scenario - My Noble (a 2 wound creature) gets hit (ow) and fails his piddly 6+ save, reducing him to one wound. Thanks to the Stone of Rebirth, does the next wound he take get a ward save made on a 2+, and then no save after that? Or does the Stone grant him a 2+ ward until he is dead?

Sorry if some of this seems incoherent. I'm coming off of a cold. :/
    Nobody's addressed your first question, and sadly I don't have an answer either. I'm guessing that it's a one-time ward save. Otherwise, why would it be designated "One Use Only"? Of course, if an elf had regeneration from that one spell, he could go back up to full wounds. Still, it seems like an "ignore this wound five times out of six" item; but to be honest, I don't know with any certainty. It's something that should be cleared up in any FAQ (I hope).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x2)

Rymer's Harp (sp) works wonders with Eternal Guard and i'm pretty sure that + Ariel's Blessing would be the stuff of nightmares.

Elves who can't die... wtf
    I still hate Twiglets!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow i need to try that combo it would be awesome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast