Librarium Online Forums banner

Wood Elf Colour Schemes

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  The Green Knight 
#1 ·
I was wondering, what colour schemes do you use for your wood elves?

#2 ·
For my glade guard, I combined the summer scheme in White Dwarf (308 or 309 US?) along with what's in the army book. It worked out pretty well. For my dryads, I used the "ghost wood" scheme on the GW WE site, and it turned out really cool, although mine aren't as whitish as the ones on the web. Now I'm working on waywatchers, and it's like painting a unit of characters. Each one is so different.

#5 ·
Mine are the night elf theme based off Warcraft III.

I basecoat black, and then use Lich Purple, with Warlock Purple and Tentacle pink highlights for most of the clothes. Then tentacle pink for the skin.

My paint scheme can be seen here.

http://www.librarium-online.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1415&c=55

Right now, I'm finishing up a unit of Eternal Guard. They look boss!

#6 ·
I love the winter theme and am really looking forward to modeling snow owls on me treeman. :) Plus I think it will be fun to do an army that doesn't have a standard green base with flocked grass on it for once. And I may hang tree ornaments from my tree kin as well. And make my mage look like santa. :) Well probably not on the christmas stuff. But definately yes on the winter theme.

Hey, has anybody used GW Kommando Khaki? I have never used it before and picked one up and it is like water and doesn't coat anything no matter how much I mix it. Did anybody else have this problem or did I just get a bad batch. Also, does anybody know how to remedy this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.