weaver and highborn in 1 eternal guard unit? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weaver and highborn in 1 eternal guard unit?

for my 3000 pts army, i am considering putting both my lords in one EG unit consisting of 22 guard, command and a warbanner. Could this work? and how should I equip them both? thanks in advance

Settra

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I would only put my spellweaver in the unit if there were a lot of threats he couldn't avoid, like several skirmishers or scouts, or heavens magic, or flyers. Otherwise, I'd hide him in the woods. Plus, if you equipped him with the deepwood sphere (I think that's the one) anyone who comes after him in the woods would take an autohit, pretty nasty.

I'd be tempted to make the highborn an alter and let him run loose, causing havoc all over the place.

BUt if I was gonig to use him in Eternal Guard, I wouldn't make him EG kindred. I'd just equip him with the armor that gives regeneration and the sword that allows him to reroll wounds. He'd be pretty nasty with that kit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04
    I would only put my spellweaver in the unit if there were a lot of threats he couldn't avoid, like several skirmishers or scouts, or heavens magic, or flyers. Otherwise, I'd hide him in the woods. Plus, if you equipped him with the deepwood sphere (I think that's the one) anyone who comes after him in the woods would take an autohit, pretty nasty.

I'd be tempted to make the highborn an alter and let him run loose, causing havoc all over the place.

BUt if I was gonig to use him in Eternal Guard, I wouldn't make him EG kindred. I'd just equip him with the armor that gives regeneration and the sword that allows him to reroll wounds. He'd be pretty nasty with that kit.

i agree with DavidVC04 inputting the weaver in the wood and giving him/her the staff, it will be a good defence (and it really snaky woodelfish:shifty:
    About the eternalguard, i'd stick the lord either in the unit or let him loose but then get a noble to join the EG, stubborn at Ld 9 is not to be underesstimated
    Good hunting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

I agree. If you're run down because of a fear causing unit or something, yes, it'll suck to lose your lord, but it'll suck worse to lose your lord and a high level mage.

One quick unrelated question:

Quote Originally Posted by elfwarden
    About the eternalguard, i'd stick the lord either in the unit or let him loose but then get a noble to join the EG, stubborn at Ld 9 is not to be underesstimated
    Good hunting!
    Let's say a Lord (ld 10) joins the Eternal Guard. Do they test stubborn Ld 10 because the Lord is 10, or do they choose between these options:

A) Use the Lord's leadership (not stubborn) for checks or
    Use stubborn leadership 9, because Eternal Guard are Ld 9.

I ask this, as it came up about a Slann joining a Temple Guard unit, and the LizardMan player testing at stubborn Ld 10 (Slann). (I thought you had to either use the character's Ld, or use the unit's Ld, but it is stubborn.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MobiusPrime
    Let's say a Lord (ld 10) joins the Eternal Guard. Do they test stubborn Ld 10 because the Lord is 10, or do they choose between these options:

I ask this, as it came up about a Slann joining a Temple Guard unit, and the LizardMan player testing at stubborn Ld 10 (Slann). (I thought you had to either use the character's Ld, or use the unit's Ld, but it is stubborn.)
    Technically, you can choose. It's stubborn either way, and logic dictates that you'd go with the highest leadership in the unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MobiusPrime
    I agree. If you're run down because of a fear causing unit or something, yes, it'll suck to lose your lord, but it'll suck worse to lose your lord and a high level mage.

One quick unrelated question:

As far as i know it is Ld 9 and stubborn or Ld 10 and not stubborn, but hey that's just me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

According to page 85 of the rulebook, if a character in a unit is not stubborn but the unit is, then you can test against either. But if you use the character's leadership, then you modify as normal. So I suppose the way around that is to make the noble or highborn of an Eternal Guard kindred so that he can become stubborn, too.

Then again, with EG already at LD9, that might not be worth it. I'd rather take some of the better magical armor or magic weapons than I would make him an EG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you could have a glamourweave spellweaver and then put him in a unit of dryads/treekin. Just a thought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would leave the arch mage far away from the unit.
    I would but the lord in the unit however, and make him an eternalguard himself.
    At stuborn leadership ten, the unit would only have a chanse of 1/12 to break.
    a ld ship 9, this is only 1/6. A huge difference according to me.
    I'd tool op the higborn with the 6-to hit in challenges, and the five+ward save for him and his unit...

+ Reply to Thread