Have you considered... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Have you considered...

The other day as I was looking through the WE codex, an item I usually ignore jumped out at me. Asyendi's Bane lets its bearer re-roll misses, with the potential penalty being a str 3 hit for any failed re-rolls. I realized that a character with a BS of 6 and the Hail of Doom Arrow could really cause some damage with this bow.

That got me looking to other killer combinations. I've always that Daith's Reaper along with The Oaken Armour would make an exceptionally tough combat elf for an Eternal Guard unit. I haven't tried this one yet, but I intend to.

One combo that I have tried was on a Wardancer Highborn. I gave him the Blades of Loec, a Murder of Spites, and the Moonstone of Hidden Ways. He really doled out a lot of attacks, and on the charge his attacks are at Str 5, a rarity for an elf. I've considered giving him Amber Pendant instead of the Moonstone, which would make him even deadlier in combat.

So what combinations have you folks come up with? I'm thinking about how magic items, mounts, kindred, and spites can pack a collective wallop in one way or another. Heck, I guess even banners can be taken into consideration.

So how 'bout it? What good kits have you concocted?

Last edited by DavidWC09; December 3rd, 2005 at 05:43.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04
    Asyendi's Bane lets its bearer re-roll misses, with the potential penalty being a str 3 hit for any failed re-rolls. I realized that a character with a BS of 6 and the Hail of Doom Arrow could really cause some damage with this bow.
    While you can combine the items on a character they can not help each other out. The HOD Arrow says that you can not use the effects of a Bow in combination with the HOD Arrow.

Shooty
    1. Alter Kindred or Waywatcher Kindred I put the Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, and the Moonstone of the hiddenways. This is excellent for taking down warmachine crews.
    2. Asyendi's Bane with Starfire Arrows.

For CC on a Highborn I like Helm of the Hunt, Oaken Armor, and the Stone of Rebirth.

For SpellWeavers I like to use Divination Orb, the Briarsheath, and a dispel scroll.

For a Branchwrait I use
    1. Blight of Terrors
    2. Murder of Sprites and Muster of Malevolents.

I don't use the Hail of Doom Arrows if I use on the character with the Bow of Loren becuase if you use the HOD arrows then you can't use the Bow of L oren at all that turn.

Geronimo, look out below. Here comes the brother with the offbeat flow. I just fell from the mother ship.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Ah, man! You burst my bubble with the HoD and Asyendi's bane. Maybe I'll try your bane / starfire combo instead on my list for tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Initially after the game you will think it was a waste as you may only get 1 unit to panic. However, after the battle add up how many victory points that equalled. You will find that it was far more then the points you paid for the items and character.

Geronimo, look out below. Here comes the brother with the offbeat flow. I just fell from the mother ship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally don't like the Asyendi's Bane. It is only worth ten points I guess but I would rather do the star fire arrows or arcane bodkins with the Bow of Loren. The Bane is 10 points of magic items to reroll one BS 6 shot. Everything is so expensive with the wood elves I would just assume use the ten points else where and leave that model with out a magic bow. Or better yet, take the hunters talon and target war machines and wizards for an extra 15 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

I like the Bow of Loren/Starfire arrows combo. Great against low ld armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by IamJasonK
    Shooty
    1. Alter Kindred or Waywatcher Kindred I put the Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, and the Moonstone of the hiddenways. This is excellent for taking down warmachine crews.
    The Moonstone of HiddenWays and the Arcane Bodkins are both Enchanted Items, thus can't be taken on the same character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello all

try to use this combo once:

Highborn: spear of twighlight, stone of crystal mere, helm of the hunt, LA. Sh

i've lost count of how many black orc war bosses i've killed with it. He rocks!

Good Hunting!

+ Reply to Thread