mmhmm - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mmhmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmhmm

So I think I am getting the wood elves core set, apart from the codex and a spellsinger, what else do you recommend to play against brettonians (sp). thanks and merry christmas

^click it for warhammer central^

Anime Clan. Join it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

For brets. I suggest you buy a yoga tape because you will need to be able to kiss your own butt good bye...

Seriously I think you can take on brets with Waywatchers becasue of the lethal shot. Also my dryads have faired decently becasue of their +5 ward save against nonmagical attacks.

Geronimo, look out below. Here comes the brother with the offbeat flow. I just fell from the mother ship.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I ran a campaign against Brets and had good success with these: treekin, dryads, wild riders, treeman, and wardancers. No surprise there, huh? All of those units have good saves and attack at str 4 or better (dancers only on the charge).

Waywatchers did sub-par. I think you need a bigger unit to get something out of them. 10 or so.

I also got good use out of magic. My opponent tended to run more fighty heroes and not ladies of the lake or whatever their magicians are called. That meant I had an edge in magic and I pushed every tree I could in front of his knights. And, believe me, it made a huge difference.

Glade Guard are always good because eventually a wound will get through that crap-arsed armor.

March block them. You have superior movement so warhawks, eagles, and fast cav make a big difference.

Good luck! It's fun and a tough army to beat, but it can be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice, me and my friend both just started fantasy after christmas, and he chose "the big shiney knight d000ds" and I chose the kick ass elves... So I hope I can fare at least decently against him, if not I'll never hear the end of his taunting my "panzy elves" w/e, I'll show him! *shakes fist* :yes:

Anime Clan. Join it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I beat him in our first 1100 point game! ha! it as great.

1. Spellsinger (lvl. 2)
    1. Nobel (waywatcher)
    1. squad of five waywatchers
    1. squad of 14 glade guard
    1. squad of glade guard scouts
    1. squad of 5 glad riders
    1. squad of 12 dryads

it came out rather well...'cept my glade riders ended up failing to regroup and continued to flee off the board...hehheh

Anime Clan. Join it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Good game! So what did it for you? Did you kill enough through archery? I'm guessing you had to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I did. I got lucky enough to roll some sixes with the waywatchers to take out some of those 2 plus save knights...I never really knew how much I hated them till I failed to hit them one turn...damn that sucked. Any other suggestions on adding to my force? wardancers are starting to look mighy nice. any advice is appreciated.

Anime Clan. Join it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

War dancers and wild riders are golden. I love those two units. I've seen them rack up more kills than anything else in the army. Their only detriment is that they can't flee charges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice!

Anime Clan. Join it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wildriders! They are amazing against brets, I got average luck and destroyed my opponent! He couldn't do anything about them because they could ride round the back of him march block him and then charge him in the back or if he turns round I just went round the back again while the archers were firing all the time. Eventually the best core archers in the game are going to cause some damage on those knights! Also, if you have lots of units of them then you have a powerful manouverable and durable base to your army. I find them best in units of 5.

I... dislike wardancers. they seem to do rubbishly in all my games. I'm almost certain that I just get bad luck with them all the times I've ever used them, but I still don't use them any more. The same with Eternal Guard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast