questions... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: questions...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

questions...

i have started my wood elf army using the sdvice from many people who actually play wood elves,i think they are trying to get me into the wood elves but all i have gotten from them so far is that one of the guys has never seen a wood elf army win, and the other has never one with a wood elf army.

i had my first wood elf battle today against dwarfs. i got the *&!£ beaten out of me. i killed 8 of them they killed about 25 of mine. my dryads were wiped from trhe feild as they drew ever so close the the dwarf warriors, 3 of them destroyed by a flame cannon! and anouther 4 by cross bow men. my first wood elf battle has been a faliure and i wanted to know these few things:

Is there something wrong with my army?

there were

11 dryads and a branch nymph

16 glade guard including a champion musician and standard bearer

8 glade riders.

~

could i have some advice on how to increase my army and the strategies i should be using.
    i know the wood elves are weak (no armour saves and low S & T). but i also know that they can stop the opposing army from coming close to the wood elves using the tree moving abilities and also that they are an extremely manouverable army, how can i use this to my advantage?

thank you...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I don't use Glade Riders. They die far too easily. I'd rather have wild riders, which have a better armor save and two types of ward saves. They hit like a rock and don't run away if they lose one or two to shooting. They also march block just as well.

Dryads are great. Exchange the nymph for another regular dryad if you have the models. More wounds, attacks, and unit size that way.

GG don't benefit much from a command. I'd drop them and use the points elsewhere.

Sorry, I don't have it in me to comment on tactics just now. But have you read all the tacticas online at GW's site? They're quite helpful.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

Warhawk riders should sort out Dwarven artillery with their fast move from flying and their hit and run ability. The key to any elven army is to make sure you pick your fights and gang up on units you can beat. Treekin can hit really hard with their strength of 5 as well.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello,

make your unit of gG one of 10/12 without any command. they are more easely to manouvrer and you save points. The main use for GG is to pepper the enemy with bow fire.
    DavidVC04 has right. GR are very fragiele. Exhange them with an agle, WR or WR. if you want something fast.
    Drayads are just fine in my opionion. One of those units killed a unit of 6 orgre bulls with command in one round. They are good keep them.

Plus one moer thing. WE vs. Dwarfs isn't the best adversierie for us. Their shooting can xcause a lot of damage.
    Try again, keep our spirit up. There will be many more battles to fightt.

Good Hunting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok using your advice ive decided to change my army to this:

1 Noble [forgot to add this before]
    16 Glade Guard [now no command]
    12 Dryads including a Branch Nymph
    ~
    and a few additions
    ~
    10 Wild Riders
    3 War Hawk Riders
    3 Tree Kin

this a better change? still need to know how to use my strengths ^^

thanks guys

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by drycha
    ok using your advice ive decided to change my army to this:

1 Noble [forgot to add this before]
    16 Glade Guard [now no command]
    12 Dryads including a Branch Nymph
    ~
    and a few additions
    ~
    10 Wild Riders
    3 War Hawk Riders
    3 Tree Kin

this a better change? still need to know how to use my strengths ^^

thanks guys
    Two units of five wild riders will work a lot better for you. If one units gets wiped (or pinned by monsters or magic, etc.), you still have another (redundancy in the system, right?). Plus, you have two threats instead of one. Also, big blocks of knights are good for armies like brettonia or empire, but for fast cav.

The warhawks can slow a flank of the enemy's army for a couple of turns. If your opponent doesn't work to keep his troops together, his battle line will start to skew, making it easier for your units to gang up on one of his units.

Think about what your teams will be. Treekin will work with dryads for example. Wild Riders will work with wild riders.

As most of your army will be mobile and dancing around them, ranked opponents will get frustrated. They will likely either advance on your archers, the only relatively still unit you have, or turn to meet your skirmishers / cav. If they do the first, let them. Keep shooting and hit them on the sides and rear with your combatants. If they turn to meet your combatants, keep moving around and give your archers more time to work until you get the fight you want. Then slam on him with two or three units and overrun out of the way if possible.

By the way, what will your noble do? What's his kit/function?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok me and my mate have decided to play a WE vs dwarves 2350pts game.

i used some advice from the wood elf army list section and conjured up this army list.

Characters

Highborn on Great Eagle
    Great Weapon
    Light Armor, shield
    Helm of Hunt
    Hail of Doom Arrows

Wardancer Noble
    Blades of Loec

Spellsinger
    2xDispell Scroll

Branchwraith
    Lvl 1 mage
    Cluster of radiants

Core

3x8 Dryads
    3x10 Glade Guard
    5x Glade Riders
    5x Scouts

Special

3x Treekin
    5x Wild Riders
    6x Wardancers

Rare

Great Eagle
    Treeman

total: 2344pts

is it possible for my leader to join the great eagle or is that against the rules. also is this a good army list against dwarves? my branchwraith will join a dryad troop.

firstly ill plop a great big forest infront of the Close combat dwarves to slow em down.
    my leader and his great eagle will focus on depleting their artillary.
    a unit of GG will stay stationry if the enemies get too close the others will move closer to get in range. a unit of dryads will get close to a strong unit of dwarves. the glade riders will be a distraction to the enemy hopefully the strong unit of dwarves will decide to charge em then from the rear my dryads will close in. the spellsinger will support the army with spells. using dispel scrolls to unwanted magic. the tree kin will try to get into CC so will the wild riders, teh wardancers will do the same. my tree man will not only try to get rid of the strongest units but tree sing the forests to annoy the dwarves and slow em even more down.

is this good?
    Last edited by drycha; January 12th, 2006 at 13:33.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Why not exchange the glade riders for wild riders? YOu have an open special slot, and you should have just enough points to make the change (or maybe you're four pts over?).

As for the highborn, why not a noble? You only have 50 pts worth of magic items on him, so you're paying about another 70 pts to have a highborn instead of anoble with the only advantage being one more wound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea i forgot one thing about the highborn and that is he also has diath's reaper, cos i like the sound of re-rolling succesful armour saves :w00t:.i really dont want to have to buy any more riders since i spent too much on this army already, so i use them as distraction instead. [them meaning the glade riders]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by drycha
    yea i forgot one thing about the highborn and that is he also has diath's reaper, cos i like the sound of re-rolling succesful armour saves :w00t:.i really dont want to have to buy any more riders since i spent too much on this army already, so i use them as distraction instead. [them meaning the glade riders]
    You could proxy them in friendly games if you wanted. I understand about the money! I've spent way more on this one than on my vampire counts. I'm cursed with that collector's impulse.

I really like the looks of Daith's Raipier, too, but the two times I've taken it, it was a dud. THe first time, my highborn never saw significant combat. In the second game, the rerolls simply didn't do any good. But I'm going to keep taking it. I really like it with theoaken armour for the occasional times that I put a highborn in with Eternal Guard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast