What do you use? Asrai or Spirits? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you use? Asrai or Spirits?

I just wanted to know if people mostly used just actual wood elves, just forest spirits or a mix? i have 2 armys. one forest spirit and one just wood elves, both are painted winter themed. Anyways i just wanted to know, u can leave army lists too :yes:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think as for as most competitive lists you gotta go with a mix. But I also plan on doing a straight forest spirit army, if for no other reason,I like the idea of trees smacking guys around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a mix. i think it looks better with the theme and the background. I also have at least one hero of each type in my army to embodi the allaiance betweeen the Asrai and the forrest.
    Plus it is a solid army that can take a hit.

Good Hunting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i personally use both because they are made to function together.The good asrai archery. and the brute force of the forest spirits.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
    By Plato
    <Peter>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanfoodle
    Well i personally use both because they are made to function together.The good asrai archery. and the brute force of the forest spirits.
    i totally agree. Forrest sririts pack a huge punch in CC. and Gg can blast everything away:shifty:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asrai weakness, I think.

I had my heart pinned on Asrai only, but I tend to get my butt kicked by toughness 4 dudes. I played a 1000 pt. battle against Dwarfs. I could hit them really well, but needing 5's for wounds and he also getting a 5+ armor save, I just couldn't do much. Aside from his cannon blowing up, I didn't do much damage.

The mix is probably where I need to go for balance. My magic does well and treesinging is great for annoying the opposition but you definitly need more bang. With an Asrai army, if you don't win combat and make them flee on your charge, kiss them goodbye.

Who has had some luck with eternal guard? I haven't used them yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i got a great story where my spell singer used tree singing and moved a tree into a bretonian knoight regiment and took out 3 of them.Any who to answer about the eternal gaurd i have tried them and they I think for them to do good there needs to be at least 20 but with that many there pretty damn good with all of there attacks and then give them the spell that gives them +1 attack and they are amazing:yes: .Good luck!
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
    By Plato
    <Peter>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about Treesinging.

Do I choose to either move woods D3 +1 or to attack. If I choose the latter, can I ram the woods in to units and cause the damage or do they have to be within the woods to get the damage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yank
    Who has had some luck with eternal guard? I haven't used them yet.
    i use a 17 strong unit + my Highborn general. they are the centre of my army and have beaten numerous black orc regiments (i play mostly against O&G)
    They do also very wel against TK skeletons.

Use them, they are really good (and also rather cheap in points):yes:

Good Hunting!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Eternal Guard with a noble or highborn in them are rock solid. Being stubborn is awesome, but watch out for fear-causing units.

I use a mix of troops. Usually two units of dryads, some wild riders, and often a treeman. I like treekin but save them for bigger games.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast