Anti Magic - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anti Magic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anti Magic

Hello peeps,

I'd like to know what you'd field against a Chaos Horde army that was primarily Magic based. I have played this guy at a game club twice, first time i got beat... totally pwned, the second time was a draw on VP's. Both games i played with my Lizardmen army which was magic heavy.

Now i've started collected WE's I cant see how I'd be able to counter his extremely potent magic phase. He fields in excess of 14+ power dice, depeneding on familiars and can have between 7 - 10 dispell dice.

Now i dont want to have an army tailored to beat him, two other guys i play against have magic heavy armies, a Vampire Counts and High Elves armies, so an anti magic WE's army might be handy.

Anyways, throw any ideas into the pot, i'd be glad of the advice.

Oh and its 2000 points we play.

Ta

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anti magic.........ah...............

well you could takea Lv with the wand of elch elm (or something) reroll is very nice, take some Lv scroll cadies, and go hunting for his spell casters!
    get a noble on an eagle, kit him out and go get those guys.
    you can aslo take a normal eagle and pin his casters in combat, then they can't cast anything:shifty:

that army of his, does it has any troops, since HELL!!!!! he has got a lot of magic! :cry: (i presume tzeenich and kornhe)
    hope it helps, and good huning ( see what an eagle does to a wizard)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my good friend has recently started chaos and he has a hell of a magic phase as well. The only reliable thing I have been able to do is eith er kill or tie up his casters... but even then I know what you are talking about.

^click it for warhammer central^

Anime Clan. Join it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah its the fact that the majority of his spells arn't magic missiles so he can cast them while in combat... i think thats right anyway.

His forces consist of a large unit of marauders, 2 units of mounted mauraders, one with axes one with flails, a unit of hounds and a unit or furies. He has 1 lord on a disk, and 1 hero ona disk not sure as to their correct names but they are his main casters. Two other casters, one in the unit of mauraders and a single Brae Shamen i think, who rerolls dispell/cast dice.

nasty stuff huh lol i had a hell of a time with the Lizardmen against him. But i was going to go with Waywatchers to try take out the shamen/disks and slow down the maurader block, Wild Riders with a lord to go hunt whatever i can find and use hawk riders/ giant eagle to take out single mages...

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Hi army seems quite lightly armoured but fast so your basic troops should be able to whittle them down to size without to much problem right?

As for the magic just take as many dispel magic scrolls as you can get your hands on. Completly bloack him out of the magic phase. 2000pts? 1Wizard Lord+ 3 Level 2=10 dispel magic scrolls. should do the job. Plus YOU will have magic superiority.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice folks, I'll write up a list and post it in the Lists sections and give him a game next week!

Thanks again :w00t:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice that sounds great...I cant believe I hadnt done it yet.

Anime Clan. Join it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I find the key to stopping magic heavy opponents is killing their characters. I use my Waywatchers and Hawk riders to take his magic out by turn 2 or 3. When it works people look at you with their jaws dropped. However, we won't talk about when it fails. EVER....

Geronimo, look out below. Here comes the brother with the offbeat flow. I just fell from the mother ship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since his two main spell casters are on flying disks, they are a pest to pin down. Shooting them is a viable option, so penty Glade Guard and Waywatchers might be the way to go. I was also thinking about mainly wild riders and glade riders, out manouver him as much as possible, take out his Fast Cav, dogs. And a unit of wardancers to take out his big block of Marauders. The Mage in that unit is always last one down as he is covered quiet well in that big 'ol unit hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats how it should be done!

Anime Clan. Join it.

+ Reply to Thread