Wardancers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wardancers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wardancers

guys someone please tell me why the wardancers are so good. to me it doesnt seem like they will do much damage in battele with t 3 s 3 .. im going up against my friends who play high elves, chaos, ogre kingdoms..

so i need things that have good s and t...

but let me know what is good about them

and how to use them

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to get wardancers to charge, and pick the right dance for the situation, the wardancer weapons give them a great advantage on the charge, and with the Whirling Death or Storm of Blades Dances can give you the advantage on the first round of combat. If you are up against a tough combat opponent, bring help like Wild Riders (my personal fav) flank charges to reduce their combat res is always a plus!

The same rule applies to all WE units, dont enter combat unless you know you will win, to delicate and pricey to jsut wade into battle, especially against Ogres, dont let them get the charge, thats the last thing you want.

Hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Highland Jinx is right

you need to get the charge, wirh the right dance they can be devastating.
    And always combine your charges.
    do watch out for shooting, wardancers can't take much damage. but get them in combat and see yopur opponents face when you roll 20+ attacks at WS 6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so the wardancers can attack with 3 attacks if you choose the storm of blades casue they have wardacenre wepons then you add the attack right???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes wardancers can have 3 attacks each.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats the beauty of it, no one exprect thm to and when they do, they never forget, my wardancers personally work well against the forementioned armies, but you have to think and be careful, never get into combat you arn't sure if winning. Unless you get charged...hope for the best.

^click it for warhammer central^

Anime Clan. Join it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Wardancers are outstanding on the battlefield. Assuming you do as Highland Jinx says and charge the right unit at the right time, you can really cause a lot of unexpected damage. Give them the extra attack on the turn they charge for up to 19, str 4 attacks if you have a six-man frontage and a champion. Toss in a Wardancer noble or highborn and watch the fun again.

They're like the Hell's Angels of the Asrai, but without the nasty habits and general filthiness.

Assume you don't break the enemy on the first round of combat. Now you take the ward save dance, still yield a high number of attacks (but at a lower strength), and last another round, when you can take the extra attack again.

Just remember, they can't flee charges as they're ItP. If you do have to accept a charge, first dance for the ward save and take the extra attack on the next round. After my WDs lost a couple of combats and broke, I started taking musicians. The models look cool, and that extra pip on the rally roll can make all the difference on an expensive and superbly killy unit rejoining the fight or scampering off the table.

I have 13 rank and file (including two champs and two musicians) and 1 character. That way I can take two units of seven, along with one unit of Wild Riders, and terrorize the crap out of the enemy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I love the comparison of Wardancers with Hells Angels (being a biker myself i was amused).

There are very good suggestions here on the use of wardancers, what to do is, play a mok combat round with another unit, role the dice, see which dances work at which times (extra attacks on the charge, extra save if unlucky to get charged by someone else). You'll see that they are the suprise unit that opponents dont realise are a problem, until they cause problems.

I also like to stick a Lord with the Blades of Loec in there too, with the blades and dances he can have 5 S5 attacks on the charge at a high WS aswell. Not to shabby at all

Good luck mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wardancers? Hell's Angels??

Ya, you go aheada and tell a Hell's Angel that he reminds you of a half naked skinny Elf where the men and women are tough to tell part and let me know if you make it out alive.

I'd compare a Hell's Angel to a Dwarven Slayer or Chaos Marauder. But Elves??? :shifty:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by tanglethorn
    Wardancers? Hell's Angels??

Ya, you go aheada and tell a Hell's Angel that he reminds you of a half naked skinny Elf where the men and women are tough to tell part and let me know if you make it out alive.

I'd compare a Hell's Angel to a Dwarven Slayer or Chaos Marauder. But Elves??? :shifty:
    I just finished reading Hunter S. Thompson's book on the Hell's Angels, so I've just been looking to drop a line somewhere. The Wild Riders probably more fit the bill. Not belonging to any particular group, a bit more beastly than the elegant wardancers, really scary (at least on the charge), and can handle their mounts like nobody's business.

But yeah, the elf connection is pretty tenuous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast