Sisters of Twilight - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sisters of Twilight

Hi,

Okay, to me one of the best things about any Elf army is being able to put Dragons in there, i mean i know they are expensive but this is fantasy, not 40k and its cool to have them on the board.

So i got the sisters of twilight model with the thought of banging a highborn on it with sword of a thousand winters and a murder of spites. thing is i love to play with special characters too, again yea they are expensive but they add that much more colour to the game.

So I have this dilema. The focus of my army is a big unit of wild riders and Im quite happy to work my general in there somehow leaving me free to put the sisters of twilight in on their dragon. They look great in pictures painted and they cant be the general anyway.

Thing is I dont see anyone talk about them much and never having played them i cant work out how good/strong, useful they are?

My dragon is ready to be put together and painted, it cost me a bit to buy, what do you think? Go ahead and convert a Lord on it as a general or paint the sisters of twilight, that is if there is any use for them at all besides being a showcase model????

Thoughts will be appreciated.

Kias.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

What if you used a pin vice to drill small holes in the dragon. Then drill small holes in the feet of the Sisters of Twilight. Into the holes in their feet, put a small metal dowel that you can then insert into the holes on the dragon's back. Do the same for a highborn. Now you could interchange the two.

I think the sisters are exceedingly cool. What makes them worth it in my book is that Sister-twins rule: both must be killed in the same round, or they essentially never go away. I'm not crazy about Naestra's bow's ability, but it would work well against the right target. And riding a dragon, those two are just nasty.

But I wouldn't want to only be able to field them, and never a highborn. So I'd figure out a way to use both a highborn and the sisters without permanently affixing either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well what to say...

the sisters are powerful and the bows are nasty. even Naestra's one since they can pin cav forces:shifty:

as David suggested make them interchanable. i would suggest magnets. they are strong and handy (do get the poles right or else )

dragons are expensive and attract a lot of fire (reason why i don't use them) but they are powerful. ad the sisters or a highborn and it hurts BADLY.

i have a question of my own on the matter:

can the sisters fire their bows if the dragon is in CC or do they have to fight?

hope it helps and thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

If the dragon's fighting, then they are fighting. Same for a highborn on a dragon. He comes with a bow, but he's engaged in the combat.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks david

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys for the advice!

I havnt ever tried using magnets or pin vices or stuff, my moddeling seems to begin and end with messy lumps of green stuff and a scalpel to mould it! But Ill give it a go, seems like the best idea.

Definatly want to try out the sisters, they sound fun! Its funny though, sometimes something sounds great in the army book but when you read what people have experienced from using it it sounds totally useless!! Couldnt work out if the sisters fell into that catogary.
    I know you only know from playing but when your drafting army lists and buying models its good to get a bit of a heads up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kias alba
    Thanks guys for the advice!

I havnt ever tried using magnets or pin vices or stuff, my moddeling seems to begin and end with messy lumps of green stuff and a scalpel to mould it! But Ill give it a go, seems like the best idea.

Definatly want to try out the sisters, they sound fun! Its funny though, sometimes something sounds great in the army book but when you read what people have experienced from using it it sounds totally useless!! Couldnt work out if the sisters fell into that catogary.
    I know you only know from playing but when your drafting army lists and buying models its good to get a bit of a heads up.

you're welcome.
    and yes it is always a smart idea to playtest something first before you by it. it is a waste of money to buy sometnig you won't use (unless you adore the model, in which case it's ok )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

being able to pin units the enemy wants to retreat from the dragon THEN charge into them just kicks arse. It really pisses your openant off. My mate hates playing against it. He tries to aviod the dragon + sisters the whole game as its really REALLy hard to kill of in one turn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Fluffy Duck
    being able to pin units the enemy wants to retreat from the dragon THEN charge into them just kicks arse. It really pisses your openant off. My mate hates playing against it. He tries to aviod the dragon + sisters the whole game as its really REALLy hard to kill of in one turn
    you're damn right. they are a very deadly combo, with the dragon giving some really powerful attacks in CC (don't forget breath attack)

pinning a unit and US of 5+.. just lovely combo:shifty:

+ Reply to Thread