Which Highborn? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Highborn?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Highborn?

Which Highborn does everyone think would be better:

1) War dancer Highborn with Blades of Loeb and crystal mere. 260pts

2) Wild Rider Highborn with The Dawnspear and Wraithstone. 298pts

3) Wild Rider Highborn with The Dawnspear and Moonstone of the Hidden Ways. 283pts

4) Waywatcher Highborn with Bow of Loren and Arcane Bodkins/Dragontooth Arrows 250/245pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

One of the hardest things for me when making a WE army list is to come up with a good character. There are so many possibilities that it sometimes wears me out trying to pick just the one I want for a game.

As for the ones you mentioned, I'd probably go with number two.

Personally I like a wild rider with the armor of the fey, the spear of somesuch (the one that makes the opponents be at -1 to hit back), and a murder of spites.

My wardancer highborn will have the blades of loec and then (my memory is bad this morning--too much beer last night) the teleportation thingy. That scares the crap out of most enemies, to see a wardancer retinue pop across the battlefield.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of those Wood Elf heroes are fairly solid choices, (I think it's safe to say most Wood Elf players have serious dilemmas trying to pick their Highborn). One thing that would help out is if you let us know what is in the rest of your army. Certain Highborn configurations work better with different army lists.

I really can't recommend the Waywatcher Highborn on a whole (he's a tad expensive for my taste, and waywatchers can usually do a well enough job without him.) I personally find the Alter Kindred to be a more solid selection if you want a character to wreak havoc on your enemy on their own.
    That's no ordinary rabbit! That's the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

Look that rabbit's got a vicious street a mile wide, he's a killer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've posted two army lists (one 1000pts and the other 2000pts) in the army list section with highborn 1 or a noble counterpart in them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Have you tried out either list yet? If so, how were the results?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

about the highborn, take a wardancer of wildrider. both are very lethal, blades of loec are a muust on a wardancer lord and for the rest..
    i play a tournie in which i have as well the crystal mere, (downside i always roll early a 1 or 2 ) i would suggest annyence of netling with him, he can kill enough troops to avoid begin hits back and in challanges he is hit on 6, makes him a little more save (always you can do the dance of ducking)

the wildrider is VERY EXPENSIVE but get a great stag for him, he rocks get the armour of the fey indeed and i always then getthe twighlight spear (just because i LOVE Ki8lling Blow, and i alwyas roll 6'es in challanges)

see what fits your style of play the most and then go experimenting with it.

hope it helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't uesd the ether list yet but I may tomorrow although I've thought of another good highborn:

Highborn with GW, amber pendulant and oken armour. 236p

What do you think?
    Last edited by Eltharion; May 6th, 2006 at 11:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eltharion
    I haven't uesd the ether list yet but I may tomorrow although I've thought of another good highborn:

Highborn with GW, amber pendulant and oken armour. 236p

What do you think?

nice, this could be a very nice combo, try it and see how it works

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4) Waywatcher Highborn with Bow of Loren and Arcane Bodkins/Dragontooth Arrows 250/245pts

Is this character option legal? Arcane bodkins and Dragontooth arrows are both listed under Enchanted Items and from what I understand you can only pick one from each magic item category unless otherwise stated. (like the enchanted shield).
    Last edited by tanglethorn; May 9th, 2006 at 19:04.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by tanglethorn

Is this character option legal? Arcane bodkins and Dragontooth arrows are both listed under Enchanted Items and from what I understand you can only pick one from each magic item category unless otherwise stated. (like the enchanged shield).
    Youre right. It wouldn't be legal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast