drizzt do urden rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drizzt do urden rules

hers my rules for Drizzt and his cat. Il be doing a battle report with him later so il post that to later on.

heres a link to his pics as well. http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...tml#post667916

I realize there have been a few drizzt do’urden threads but here’s my take on him and some rules for him incorporating his magic items and Guenhwyvar

Stats

Drizzt points –

M WS BS S T W I A Ld SV+
    6 10 6 4 3 4 10 5 10 5+

Drizzt must be used exactly as he is here and can be given no extra equipment

EQUIPMENT
    Twinkle & Icing death, (2 hand weapons) bracers of speed, Guenhwyvar statuette. Mithril armour (counts as heavy armour)

ULTIMATE WARRIOR.
    Drizzt has honed his body to the most powerful fighting and acrobatic edge, his body is in total combat awareness unsurpassed by any race. Drizzt always strikes first regardless of imitative. Due to his agility he also has a 4+ ward save. This save can not be negated.

LONER
    Drizzt is an independent character he takes up both a hero and Rare slot. Drizzt fights best when it’s just him and Guenhwyvar he will never join a unit. He and Guenhwyvar move as a skirmishing unit.

FORWARD FIGHTER
    Drizzt oft ranges ahead of his own accord finding a suitable place where he can strike. Drizzt is not deployed at the start of the battle instead the controlling player makes a note where he is located and then deploys him at any movement phase no later than the 4th turn this works similar to the Dark Eldar mandrake rule in 40k. To offset this rather powerful ability Drizzt does not impede march moves though all other rules for LOS etc apply.

CONTROLLED RAGE
    Drizzt in battle is frightening consumed with skill and an almost insane joyous lust for battle. Once Drizzt enters combat he gains frenzy and these effects for the rest of the battle however his frenzy is controlled therefore he does not suffer from impulse movement and can be moved normally. All other frenzy rules apply

GLOBE OF DARKNESS
    Drizzt has innate magical abilities common to drow, one of these is that he can conjure a globe of darkness and place it over a single model not in a unit of Drizzts choosing. Once in this globe the model cannot fight cast magic or shoot. It can be dispelled as normal on a 4+ or dispel scroll as normal.

FAERIE FIRE
    Drizzt second innate ability is to line a single model in faerie fire. The flames do not burn or hurt the model in any way. Take a leadership check with -1 modifier If failed the model can not move, shoot or cast spells for one turn only as the victim panics and trys to put the flames out. If attacked however the model will react normally. (Sorry no casting faerie fire on archon and getting a cheap one turn no attacks back)

ICING DEATH
    One of Drizzts famed scimitars Icing Death grants Drizzt complete immunity to fire whether natural or magical. If someone casts a fire based spell at Drizzt the spell will automatically be cancelled however the power dice used to cast are gone. (it also works against fire based monster and demons I know however warhammer does not use elemental basings for monsters)

TWINKLE
    Twinkle is stupendously sharp it edge accentuated by its signitature blue glow. All enemies incur a -1 penalty to normal armour saves Ward saves are not effected.

BRACERS OF SPEED
    Drizzt’s bracers make him supernaturally fast. These come into play when an enemy model either automatically strikes first or has a magic item which allows it to strike first. It nullifies that effect by overwhelming speed too fast for the eye to follow. Drizzt always strikes first.

Guenhwyvar statuette
    This is used to call Guenhwyvar Drizzts. Magical panther. Instead of moving Drizzt can summon Guenhwyvar. No power dice are necessary and it cannot be dispelled.

Guenhwyvar has the following profile
    Points 90pts

Though Guenhwyvar is called to the field and not placed there at the start she must still be paid for whether she is called to the table or not.

M WS BS S T W I A Ld SV+
    9 6 0 6 5 4 10 4 10 5+

Guenhwyvar is a magical cat that once summoned stays on the field of battle. He is magical and his save is a ward save. If entering a wood Guenhwyvar automatically strikes first and can not be charged.

ASTRAL ENTITY
    Guenhwyvar is a powerful magical entity yet it can be dispelled. Any wizard of level 2 or higher can attempt to dispel the magical cat. This can be done only by achieving 11+. However the wizard doing so must concentrate intently to do so and may cast no other spells this turn. If Guenhwyvar is dispelled from the field she may not be called back.

i havent included points for drizzt yet something il have to think about in more detail but probably int he range of 300 - 450

Last edited by cadre_of_storms; May 9th, 2006 at 11:17.
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Whew, I think his points would top well over 450! THat's quite a character. Cool, but maybe a bit over the top IMO.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool rules, really, but overpowerd.
    i would make him a lord and rare choice and trim down the rules a bit( maybe loose the always strike first, jeez man he has I 10!), and make him more expensive, 500+.

but that's just me
    hope it helps

Elfwarden

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Suprisingly enough, is magical weapons have little to no effect for such a caracter.

Hoe about: Although is words are both magical, Drizzt can use them to gain a +1 attack bonus as confered by 2 mundane hand weapons.

Icing Death: Immune To fire; Enemies suffering a wound caused by Drizzt but not slain are at -1 attacks for the rest of the round (not cumualtive per wound)

Twinkle: Armour piercing, A caracter suffering a wound by Drizzt but not slain must pass a toughness test at the end of the close combat round. If Failed, they suffer an additionnal wound, with no saving throws of any kind.

Tune down the ward save to 5+ ?

Mythril should be a full plate.

Your bracers of speed are a tad useless, as if 2 caracters strike first the one with higher Initiative goes first. 10 will go first. SAlso the initiative of your caracters is way too high, and so would be thier WS. I think that the states are too high, WS and Initiative 9 should do for Drizzt, and WS 5 Strength 5 initiative 6 attacks 3 for the pather.

Magical resistance might be a better way to represent Drizzt's inate magical abilities.

Turn them into bracers of defense. +1 armour save, and reroll failed armour saves.

Just a few thoughts.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Cool rules, he looks to be a wee bit too overpowered though. Heres a link to my take on Drizzt i made a while back. I didnt come up with a cool model though.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ghlight=drizzt (Drizzt Do'Urden)
    Do it fer da ladz, come join da Ork Klan here!

Blood Axes W/L/D-------- 9/7/3
    Warboss Grorg of the Ork Klan!
    Commander of the Rebel Alliance in the STAR WARS CLAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some good points all said thanks. i will admit looking back he is way over powered more like last ed heroes than current.

the reasons his weapons are not uber powerful as they on their own are not uber powerful in the books most of it fouses on his fighting abilities hence why i went quite strongly in that direction. il work on him

but thanks for the advice guys

and ickebeebon, it was your thread that got me thinking of the conversion in the first place and that wood elf noble just seemed to be extreemly suitable
    Last edited by cadre_of_storms; May 9th, 2006 at 18:16.
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

It was a very good idea using that model, it makes me want to convert my own!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw did you ever use your rules, how did it fare?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

unfortunately i never got a chance to use my rules, soon after i made those rules, i was drawn into 40k once again and until today forgot about them. A shame really. After i made the Drizzt rules i also made Wulfgar and Bruenor rules, although im not sure they are very good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the valten on foot would make a suburb wulgar model

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast