WE army agains chaos... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WE army agains chaos...

I am new to the game, I know there are more variations to chaos, but what would be possible army lists for WE thats expects a lot of chao opponents and what would be apropriate tactics per unit to play against variations of chaos?
    OK, a lot of questions, but then again I am hoping to catch the attention of a WE Phd that will post me a disertation on this topic .

Thanks for answering.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Ugh, I've had my can kicked recently by a Tzeentch army that at 2000 pts has only 42 models. 42 very tough models that generate lots of power dice. My guys bounced off of knights, ricocheted off of chariots, and generally had a very bad day. I did kill of his warriors with lots of missile fire, but that was about it. The problem was that hunting his magic user was so tough because it was on that blasted disk and had ridiculous stats (like trying to take out a vamp count with warhawk riders, not an easy task).

Khorne isn't much better.

It really is about picking your battles. Use treesinging and maneuverability to select which units you'll pile on. Use fleeing as a tactic. Make good use of archery.

It's really tough to answer you because there are so many possible chaos lists. Do you have any regular opponents that run a particular brand of chaos?
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it would help if you would let us know what typeof chaos you mean.

all sorts of chaos require skightly different aproaches, there are some general tactics but against khorne or Tzeentch our magic will fail for example

let us know
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Against a Tzeentch army of chaos...

This is what he plays...according to him very few models but heavy armoured with 2 bosses with heavy casting and one with a badass sword....cant remember the rest.
    Hmm...dont know if WE can deal with it...
    Whats the army that has the best chances agains Tzeentch army of chaos in genereal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well imo the weakness of tzeentch is:

1) Speed, as a woodelf you should be able to walk cricles around the chaos player

2) Big Units. Treemen!!!!!! combine this with some dryads to the flank and some wild riders.... there is no way anything can stand up to this... and if it can.. it will lose combat.

3) Numbers... the characters are 2-5 hundred poitns each... the core warrior is 14 points naked!! Your enemy will not have very many troops. You will always outnumber him.

4) As for the disk, he is a large target, granted he can have a 3+ ward and a 2+ armor save, also if you do not have any anti magic you will deal with him rerolling all failed saves. Ok, bad example... but he he is not a god! If he is stupidn and fies up ahead pound him with arrows! Shoot at him a lot if he is alone, (dont waste time if you can pound better targets though, charge him with wild riders and other big stuff, he is 500 points and not as good as people think.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Yeah, that's what the guy I play against runs. 40 something models, 11 power dice, tzeentch all the way.

I almost had him last time. I used two treemen. Twenty glade guard that screened wardancers and dryads for a couple of rounds. An alter that really threw off his plans with those three chariots. Dryads would eventually get into his chaos warriors and almost take them out. A spellweaver with wand of wych elm. A branchwraith with cluster of radiants.

If not for four miscasts (yes, four! ) I might have won that game. But momentum shifted and his knights did that charge, redirect, charge, overrun bit. And he turned some glade guard into horrors that would get into my general, which essentially gave him the game...300 pts down the drain.

But I'd run that list against him again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

two treemen... did they do nothing? dryad + treemen + charge = death! Not much can take a charge like that, and you had 2 treemen!

Am i missing something? I play my friend with 1 treeman and a bunch of dryads and he will always win combat. He moves faster, hits harder and never leaves his forests until the time is right.

Example from my last fight:

-My 15 warriors are advancing with a hero in the unit, they are chosen (2+ save) and +1 attack
    -His treeman + 14 dryads are comming ahead but in the shelter of a forest. Wild riders are around back dealing with my chariots.
    - He attempts to treesing but he fails as i am tzeentch.
    -This turn i get in range and blast him with a nice blue fire and then a red fire 7 dryads dead. (this was his mistake for allowing my caster to see his dryads.)
    - Next turn his treeman charges and i pass terror, dryads also charge but they get a side flank, i also pass fear test. Comabt is static and nothing happens. Lucky for me.
    - next turn wild riders charge the rear, the chariots i had are dead. At this point i lose 7 warriors, do nothing to the treeman... i lose combat and flee but am caught and destroyed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Oh sure, the two treemen did their job. Smacked the tar out of some chariots. But one got held up dealing with a chariot. The weaver miscast on Call of the Wild to charge him into the chariot, so he took the hit in return and needed three rounds to dispatch it. The other one fared better. That was a critical turning point and the most damaging miscast of the game. I tell you, if not for those miscasts, it would've been a different game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm.... you know if you put some weight on your dice you can set it up so you always get those nasty 6's. Of course that would be cheating... of course its only illegal if you get caught...

on a serious note: dont miscast

+ Reply to Thread