Toughest Wood Elf? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Toughest Wood Elf?

I was just thinking about ward saves and regeneration, when suddenly it hit me that WE can have both at the same time. So now I'm thinking, how useful would this unit be?

Wood Elf HB: 381 pts
    Gear: Enchanted Sheild, Amarinthine Brooch, The Oaken Armor, Great Weapon

This guy has a 4+ armor save (6+ when using the GW), regen, and a 3+ ward against non-magical attacks, and still has 5 s6 attacks along with high initiative and movement. Would this be of any use (it does have a great save against non-magic attacks, though you could switch some stuff to make it better against magic) or is it too expensive point wise to be viable? (you could always cut some points by making it a non-alter.... maybe give it a horse instead for a 3+ armor save, and cutting the Great Weapon so it keeps the great save in CC.... Hmm.....)

40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx
    I was just thinking about ward saves and regeneration, when suddenly it hit me that WE can have both at the same time. So now I'm thinking, how useful would this unit be?

Wood Elf HB: 381 pts
    Gear: Enchanted Sheild, Amarinthine Brooch, The Oaken Armor, Great Weapon

This guy has a 4+ armor save (6+ when using the GW), regen, and a 3+ ward against non-magical attacks, and still has 5 s6 attacks along with high initiative and movement. Would this be of any use (it does have a great save against non-magic attacks, though you could switch some stuff to make it better against magic) or is it too expensive point wise to be viable? (you could always cut some points by making it a non-alter.... maybe give it a horse instead for a 3+ armor save, and cutting the Great Weapon so it keeps the great save in CC.... Hmm.....)
    A.
    don't post point values, it upsets the mods

B.
    you are right it is a powerful combo.
    i myself used regen, stone of crystal mere and la, sh, it gives you a good defense. i myself don't use alters but hack that's just me.
    stick this guy in a unit of Eternal Guard, he will survive A LOT and so will keep you're EG from running.
    keep the great weapon, it is useful for when you charge and otherwise just say that you will be using a normal handweapon so you can keep the save.
    maybe you can drop the enchanted shield since you would be using handweapon and shield combo and get the bonus anyway.

hope it makes sence and helps
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

+ Reply to Thread