treeman and tree kind worth it ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

treeman and tree kind worth it ?

Hey guys

Treeman and tree kind are they worth it ? what do you guys thing ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Absolutely worth it, but if points are tight, use a treeman and not treekin. Being stubborn gives treemen a big advantage. And they are fierce in combat. Both units are tough to kill and rack up kills themselves.

In my 2250 list, I use two treemen and three treekin. They're brutal.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

i second that.

Two treemen are an excellent combination. Especially if they hit the same unit.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same here, they are both brilliant units,
    high T and S make them brutal in CC, supported by there special rules.

as david said, go with the treeman first if you need to choose.
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I'm going to be boring and go with the flow on this one.

Treemen are sick, sick creatures. They really don't have a downside which is why you'll rarely see a WE army without one. Treekin are the same, one of the better ogre sized models out there(Y)

Ciao

Stonehambey

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

You're probably right Stonehambey, my way of dealing with them is a Cannon with Rune of Burning or RoFire, and there are some other ways round. But if you're not Dwarfs you'll have trouble sorting them out with their Special Rules and nasty Statlines.

Good luck,

Wolf
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

When i'm my lizzies i like to have a JSoD with the piranha blade for character hunting, if he's lucky then he might be able to do some decent damage to a treeman. Salamanders are also pretty good against them. They're wounding on 6s but with the amount of hits they have and thet fact that their venom is flaming, one or two wounds may prove fatal.

Trouble is with all this attention on the treemen you're concentrating less on the other hard units like wardancers (or in David's case: another treeman!^_^)

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

The thing about the treeman that players underuse, is the root attack. stick him 2 inches deep in a wood, and surf him around rooting skirmishing units and warmachines. get in base to base for higher strength.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Pack
    The thing about the treeman that players underuse, is the root attack. stick him 2 inches deep in a wood, and surf him around rooting skirmishing units and warmachines. get in base to base for higher strength.
    That's what the other WE player around here says to me. He also uses 2 TM and relies on strangleroots a lot. I use it, but I also make sure my TM get into combat.

And an ancient can take the spite that adds another D6 missile hits with the same range, just at a lower strength.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes but he can't march and shoot the muster so the annoyance of netlings tend to be the best thing to give an ancient(well worth the extra points)

the ability to kill a bloodthirster without trying is quite pleasing and the fact the enemy has to kill him for bonus points(good luck with that)

a nice trick against elves is to place the treeman just in range of their block units and strangle root them as this does massive damage and if they don't panic they need a terror test next turn and when they charge you you can stand and shoot and cause another panic test as well as remove all their ranks so they cant win combat(evil hey!)

I would highly recomend a treeman other wise I would recomend two!.....GO TREEMAN
    I am the Evil One,the Daemon Child!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast