Regiments of Renown - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Regiments of Renown and WE

I was clicking around the Games Workshop site and I noticed a link to a PDF that says Wood Elves can't have any Regiments of Renown. I am not sure if it is still accurate because it looks like an old document because it says Wood Elves come from the 2004 Warhammer Chronicles.

So long question short, can WE take Regiments of Renown, specifically the Cursed Company?

I really want to take the Cursed Company but model them as a tree creature and instead of skeletons, plants take over the body of the dead. So I would model things like Orcs and humans with branchs coming out of the bodies and with vines wrapped around them.

Last edited by IamJasonK; October 5th, 2006 at 01:15.

Geronimo, look out below. Here comes the brother with the offbeat flow. I just fell from the mother ship.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IamJasonK View Post
    I was clicking around the Games Workshop site and I noticed a link to a PDF that says Wood Elves can't have any Regiments of Renown. I am not sure if it is still accurate because it looks like an old document because it says Wood Elves come from the 2004 Warhammer Chronicles.

So long question short, can WE take Regiments of Renown, specifically the Cursed Company?

I really want to take the Cursed Company but model them as a tree creature and instead of skeletons, plants take over the body of the dead. So I would model things like Orcs and humans with branchs coming out of the bodies and with vines wrapped around them.
    wel is the PDF older or newer than our current armybook?
    if it is older then it is outdated and no longer vialble and we can stick to what the book says.
    if it is newer than the armybook than there is a chance that WE can't take DoW, but i find this highly unlikely.
    it is true that by some Regiments of Renown it says "cant be fielded by ..." but i did not think so that We wee completely removed from having the possiblilty

hope it helps
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

IamJasonK, I don't have the rules in front of me, but I do know this. The Wood Elves and the Undead do not truck together.

Remember when GW released the new WEs? In White Dwarf two or three articles at that time detailed Heinrich Kemmler's new list (he's the infamous necromancer who had cairns in athel loren) and his battles with the Wood Elves.

WEs and skeletons have as militant a history as do WEs and Beastmen. I just really can't imagine them signing up the cursed company for mercernary duty.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

The pdf file in the chronicles you are referring to was the only wood elf army list for years and years until the new book came out. If the army book says they can use regiments of renown then they can, unless the regiments own rules state they can't be hired by wood elves.

As for the fluff side of it I don't really know whether elves would team up with undead or not. The cursed company aren't really your usual undead, they just turn up and fight against people they don't like and then bugger off.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I understand the issue about why this regiment probably wouldn't team up with the WE. That isn't my concern as I want to make the rules not the models. I want the units to look like plants took over there body. So I want the rules, I will change the models for fluff.

Geronimo, look out below. Here comes the brother with the offbeat flow. I just fell from the mother ship.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Okay, I should've read your post more closely, IamJasonK.

So here's what I found...

According to my WEs army book, you can take DoW units, as long as the DoW rules allow it.

So I checked the 2004 annual and learned that the Cursed Company For Hire rules restrict only Brets, VC, and TK. Also, the CC consume a rare choice.

So yeah, it looks like you can make your unit. Your idea sounds really cool. The unit is expensive, even more than a Treeman, but I think you should do it.

As someone who played undead before any other army (and you probably already know this), I'd say start the unit out at no less than 20 if you're playing 2000 or more.

Here are the rules.
    Last edited by DavidWC09; October 7th, 2006 at 16:40.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread