Army Themes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Army Themes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army Themes

When I looked into the WE codex, I found so many diffrent themes that I wanted to try.

Like have the Highborn on a Great Stag leading a Wild Rider squad, and a Noble or two on a Elven Steed leading some more Wild Riders. Have about 2, 16 strong Glade Guard squads for some covering fire. Have some Glade Riders for more calvary support. And maybe some Waywatchers for some more covering fire. That is more of a fast moveing/hitting theme.

Another one is have like a forest spirit theme army. Like with a Treeman Ancient and or a Branchwraith as leaders. Have Dryads for core units. Have Tree Kin for the Special units. And have the Treeman for the Rare Units. They will be more like a 'Hard hitting, tough' type of army.

Another theme I like is a pure elf theme. With the Highborn leading a Wardancer squad, a Noble leading a Waywatcher squad. Have some Eternal Guards and some Glade Guards as the core units. Have some Wardancers and maybe some Warhawk Riders as Special units. And have some Waywatchers as the Rare Units.

I was wondering if any of you guys/girls had used any of these themes and how well did it perform?

All religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, greed, imagination and poetry.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

The first army I fielded of WE was 1000pts. All Warwatchers and Scouts, with enough GG to meet requirements.

Geronimo, look out below. Here comes the brother with the offbeat flow. I just fell from the mother ship.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I have models to run lots of setups, which is what I usually do.

Today at 1500 I had a very shooty list, but one with 4 fighty units. It worked really well with 2 massacres and 1 loss (a draw turned to a loss because of a 500VP--yes 500!--scenario rules) in our store tourney.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a bit of a more CC army. I have wardancers (wth lord), dryads, EG, treekin and wildriders to go into combat and try to support it a bit with two GG units.

I always try to make balanced lists, since they have aal the aspects of the army and makes yoy work more tacticly to achieve victory.

So give me a assault army with support.
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

+ Reply to Thread