Warhawk Riders vs Tree Kin - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

Warhawk Riders vs Tree Kin

I am thinking of changing my 1500 pts list around, and I an curious whether I should use Warhawk Riders to increase the already admirable speed of my overall forces, -OR- should I include Treekin, to increase my comabat lines?

Heres my list CLICK ME ([1500] - Friendly)

As an aside question, if I have a single Lord, can I make him an Alter Kindred as he will have the highest leadership, but cannot be a general?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I like the hawks for your list. Treekin are such a static combat unit, while your dancers and wild riders can move much more freely. Treekin can, in my experience, get stuck in unsupported combats just because they can't move into a favorable position.

If you use treekin with your other fighting units, it'd be great, but you know how tricky it can be to pull off a dual charge like that.

Hawks add a lot to an army, and you've already got a good fighting force. The hawks would make it much easier to deal with skirmishers, war machines, hit-and-run on mages, etc.

And yes, you can have an alter noble or highborn who isn't the general, despite his leadership.

EDIT: Or you can just add an eagle for a flying unit and still use treekin for when you go to 2000 pts.
    Last edited by DavidWC09; December 18th, 2006 at 00:46.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I hate to say it but the answer to your question is more dependant on your play style then anything else. I for example need an anvil unit. However, I know a lot of people who can do comepletely with out a power unit and can do it with all fast cavalry and skirmishers.

Also on your side question. You need another lord/hero in your army to field an alter, as your army needs a general.

Geronimo, look out below. Here comes the brother with the offbeat flow. I just fell from the mother ship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

well, i like warhawk riders alot, unfortunatly, their a pain in the butt to paint...:shifty: , but i think that they would be more useful for your purposes, like wizard killing and warmachine killing, mostly becasue the hit and run rule. Do the dirty deed,then flee! and with your other question, you must have another character in your army. I like that you have 2 wizards though. I personally think that having a character out in the open is asking for trouble. They are one bolt thrower/ magic missle away from death, especially that they are only hero level in 1500 pts.
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

+ Reply to Thread