Librarium Online Forums banner

Glade Riders, any tactica?

453 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Vespasian 
#1 ·
I've been painting my WE army for almost a month now, and all I got done is a unit of 12 Glade Guards and a 90% completed unit of 8 Glade Riders. I've heard several bad opinions on the Glade Riders that's really giving me a bad impression on them, it's really not helping my mood of painting them :(

Anyone have a good tactic for using them?

#3 ·
I personally love the Glade Riders. They have so many uses.

Because they are not immune to psycology they can bait charges.
They can move and shoot.
They are str 4 on the charge and if you give them a noble they can do some damage.

My only beef with them is their save. It means they are pretty vulnerable to shooting but if your opponent has other things to worry about they can survive fairly well.

I have yet to be disappointed by them.

Don't compare them to wildriders. They have totally different roles. I usually field a unit of both.

#4 ·
I only compare them to Wild Riders when it comes to combat. Glade Riders are, of course, far superior at bating charges. I sometimes take a unit or two of them for that reason, and have seen a lot of success. But when I have a choice between them or WR, personally, its no contest.

#5 ·
I only compare them to Wild Riders when it comes to combat. Glade Riders are, of course, far superior at bating charges. I sometimes take a unit or two of them for that reason, and have seen a lot of success. But when I have a choice between them or WR, personally, its no contest.
Yeah, that's true. I've not really used my Glade Riders much, because I've gotten used to a particular way of playing using mostly forest spirits which works very well. Having said that, I'm looking at changing track (I've played the current army to death and I'm getting bored with it), so maybe I'll start using them more often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.