WHOA! Expensive=Wood Elf Wild Riders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHOA! Expensive=Wood Elf Wild Riders

Dang, these guys are absurdly expensive and for only 5 models $50, I might just buy Glade Riders when the time comes and give them a convincing paint job. WOW Hundred dollars just for a good size squad.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

All Games Workshop models are overpriced, Wild Riders aren't the only 'expensive' regiment box. Sometimes I wonder how they price tag their products.
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

Dang, these guys are absurdly expensive and for only 5 models $50, I might just buy Glade Riders when the time comes and give them a convincing paint job. WOW Hundred dollars just for a good size squad.
    Hmm, not sure of the exhange rate between pounds and dollars. They're £25 for 5 in the UK.

I only use 6, sometimes with a Wild Rider Noble on Stag, sometimes with the same chap on a horse, sometimes with neither. They're an awesome flanking unit, if you can get Wardancers and/or Dryads in the front. They can't really do much on their own, but then not much Wood Elf stuff can.

Definitely worth the points, maybe not worth the pounds.

GS
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Unfortunately $50 seems to be the standard price for 5 mixed plastic and metal cav figures - even Bretonnian mounted yeomen are $50 for a box of 5.

In larger games I sometimes take 8 of them with a lord on a great stag, but other than that 5 or 6 is the most I'll bring. Makes me glad I didn't pick Brets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

I think the only problem i have right now, is to upgrade my unit to have 5 more in the back rank. Im not sure, but it still might be cheaper to just buy a box set, and then just order in three torsos...sigh...My hard earned monies, gone so soon.
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I've seen some cool conversions. Glade Riders can be souped up easily enough.

But I love the wild rider models and am looking forward to painting them. But yeah, they cost a pretty penny. At least we field fewer models than most armies...imagine buying and painting skaven...ugh! :x
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Wow, I haven't priced them for a bit, however $50 is rediculous.

This is why some of the people I game with simply use a base and paint a number on them. Then before a battle they exchange list explaining what each number means. i.e. 1=Wild Riders, 2 = Glade Guard
    Last edited by IamJasonK; February 24th, 2007 at 15:12.

Geronimo, look out below. Here comes the brother with the offbeat flow. I just fell from the mother ship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i also noticed this at the start of my army and went with converting glade riders, nothing to heavy. Just made it so they all were holding spears and with some green stuffed pelts. nothing major, but i honestly was not going to pay that much for them...and ebay didnt seem to share the love.

+ Reply to Thread