Assembled Model Dimensions? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assembled Model Dimensions?

I'm wondering where i can find out the dimensions of assembled WE models?

I'm curious what the size of the sisters of twilight on the dragon is, also Orion...etc

anyone have that info or know where to find it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

Why would you be wanting such info, Hmmm? I dont know if were allowed to do such things, but id say that orion is maybe 3-4 inches tall on the big monster base, and maybe the drgaon is 6-7 inches tall with a wing span of 6-7 inches. Thats the best i can give without being too exact.
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didn't realize dimensions info was a problem...

reason i'm wondering, is because i'm looking to buy a 2nd army transport case, and i'm wondering what size trays i'll need to fill it with for my future model purchases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

thats no problem i guess. I dont actaully know the dimensions of the dragon (i was approximating) but the treeman i have at home. If you still want, i can tell you later. (At work)
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I don't know that the dimensions are posted anywhere. I've never seen them at all. I know that I can fit 6 treekin standing on their bases and two treeman lying on their backs in one army transport tray. I'd have to check the depth of it, but's either three or four inches deep, the tray I mean.

The sisters of twilight, I imagine you'd have to concoct some sort of original transport for, or heavily modify trays from whatever transport system you're using. They've got to be tall. You can always pin the sisters to the dragons so that you could at least remove them for transport reasons, or in case the dragon dies and they're suddenly on foot.

I know the great eagle and the warhawks are a pain to transport as they are so wide (warhawks) and big (eagles). The great eagle is bigger than the winged nightmare I just finished painting!
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I currently have my treeman on his back in a 2.5 inch tray pretty easily. Also there are 3 treekin standing up, and 3 warhawk riders in the same tray. (took some planning but they all fit great)

I may have to repeat what I did for my glade riders for the Sisters of Twilight. I have 2 1 inch trays, with the top one upside down to encase the 8 glade riders. I may have to use a 4 inch tray with another one of 2-4 inches upside down on top to secure it.

As for pinning on the sisters... where can i see some info on how to do that? Id like to have the dragon on its own but also the ability to have the sisters or a highborn on it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by siawnhy View Post
    I currently have my treeman on his back in a 2.5 inch tray pretty easily. Also there are 3 treekin standing up, and 3 warhawk riders in the same tray. (took some planning but they all fit great)

I may have to repeat what I did for my glade riders for the Sisters of Twilight. I have 2 1 inch trays, with the top one upside down to encase the 8 glade riders. I may have to use a 4 inch tray with another one of 2-4 inches upside down on top to secure it.

As for pinning on the sisters... where can i see some info on how to do that? Id like to have the dragon on its own but also the ability to have the sisters or a highborn on it.
    Do you use army transport, too?

Anyhow, I checked and my Treemen and Treekin's tray is 2.5" deep on the interior. My unassembled Orion is just under 2.5" tall.

My Glade Riders are on their sides. They are about 3/4" taller than usual because of their bases.

As for pinning, I'd check out the Conversion Forum or just do a Google search--something like "pin vice miniature model". Have you used a pin vice before?

Basically, you drill a small hole into the bottom of the riders and a matching hole on the dragon itself. Glue lengths of brass rod (or paper clips) of appropriate width into the riders, and you can remove them as you need to. Some people even make 20 or 25 mm bases to match the pinned figures so that they can be run on foot in the mount dies.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread