Infantry based WE - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Infantry based WE

Just for the heck of it, I'm wondering what an infantry based WE list would look like, say with two or three units of EG.

I'm thinking something like this...
    2 units of EG
    battle standard bearer in one
    highborn in the other
    treeman
    dryads for flank protection.
    lots of archers

Seems like it'd be effective, I think.

Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

When I think of wood elf infantry, I think of eternal guard, eternal guard, and more eternal guard! They are a little expensive, but for a wood elf army they are one of the cheepest units and they get 2 attacks in front rank plus spears in second rank

I would think of 2-3 units of eteral guard, 2-3 units of glade guard, 1-2 units of wardancers possibly a noble with them and dryads, and maybe a unit of waywatchers/scouts. I don't really see treemen as infantry or fitting with this theme that well...they are more of giant monsters of destruction.

as far as characters, I think of 1-2 spellsingers, 1 highborn, another noble to act as BSB and maybe a wardancer noble.
    Armies: Wood Elves, High Elves
    Warbands Campaign 07: 1st
    San Antonio Alamo GT

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I'd recommend the Rhymers Harp for the Highborn. It would give the Eternal guard some staying power or just rely on the stubborn with a reroll.

What about wardancers? They'd be a valued addition IMHO.

I'd go for a couple of largish units of eternal guard (20+) and 2 small ones (10 man). Use the smaller ones to deny rank bonus, sort of act like Empire Detachments.

Archers would be a must and wardancers would allow flank protection.

You could have an almost all-Asrai army. The only problem with that is killing the big creatures.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Definitely the rhymer's harp. But who do you put the annoyance on? The BSB or the highborn? Both really need to survive.

How about wild riders? Would you take those?

And treekin would make terrific flank support. With their high toughness and strength and multiple wounds, they can spell disaster for the enemy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

well if you are trying to stay with an infantry theme, then wild riders are iffy. To stay with the theme I would suggest wardancers for the flank protection etc.

I would give the AoN to your highborn, with the rhymer's harp that is already your 100pts though. maybe you could also give him lt armour and a great weapon (can you have a shield and a great weaon?)

The BSB then would be open to carry awesome items like HoD arrow etc. :w00t:
    San Antonio Alamo GT

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

So maybe the oaken armor on the BSB?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I was thinking about this last night after I posted...if you make for example the BSB an eternal kindred, can you then give him light armour, shield, AoN? that would be 3+ amour save and in a duel 6's to hit, and one extra attack for being eternal so 4 attcks. I think that is leagal.
    San Antonio Alamo GT

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by trodi View Post
    I was thinking about this last night after I posted...if you make for example the BSB an eternal kindred, can you then give him light armour, shield, AoN? that would be 3+ amour save and in a duel 6's to hit, and one extra attack for being eternal so 4 attcks. I think that is leagal.
    I think the eternal guard entry says that regardless of how they're equipped, it's a 5+ save. So I don't know if you can improve that or not.

It does make me think, though, about making my highborn on the eagle an eternal kindred. That would give an extra attack to use with the bow of loren and a base armor save that can be bolstered with a talisman.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Yep, not only is he at a 5+ save regardless of how he's equipped, but if he takes any magic weapons or armor, he loses the eternal guard fighting style - since the Bow of Loren is listed as a magic weapon, I assume that taking it would cause him to lose the benefit of the extra attack.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Feh, party pooper. It's like you expect me to go and read my army book or something. :shifty:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast