Warhawk vs Wardancers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which would works better?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warhawk Riders

0 0%
  • Wardancers

20 100.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Warhawk vs Wardancers?

Alright, I'm sure this has been gone over before but I couldn't find anything on a search.

Which works better? I like wardancers and warhawk riders model wise equally, and even though I don't yet have a codex I doubt the codex would sway me in either direction. So I'm curious as to which one you veteran wood elf players have found more useful in games for their points/money costs.

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Play completely different roles. It is impossible to compare them. It also depends entirely on the context of the rest of your army.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Will be a lot of Glade Guard with a few Eternal Guard, also lots of Waywatchers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if most of your army will be shooting( GG and WW) then i would say wardancers.

they have plenty of oomph in combat and are able to tackle a range of tasks with their dances. They would definitly help make up for the current lack of combat units.

But it is true that they serve compmletly diffent jobs, war hawks harrass, get rid of ranks, and go hunting for war machines. Wardancers spring traps and take units down in combat.

I would personally get both, or switch the warhawks out for wild riders.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser117 View Post
    Play completely different roles. It is impossible to compare them. It also depends entirely on the context of the rest of your army.
    Exactly, they do entirely different things.

If I could only have one of the two, it'd be wardancers. They're my favorite combat unit, hands down. And that says a lot in an army with dryads and treemen.

Warhawks are useful and the hit and run can work really well, but for combat purposes, wardancers are an easy call.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser117 View Post
    Ditto. PathofSkulls, buy the codex first before you do anything or decide anything

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Well one of the other things, in my earlier post is I was thinking of using the warhawks to try and drive my opponent forward just in case he doesn't want to run towards my hail of arrows, so thats where the problem came in. I don't play on building a large army right away, it'll start small and slowly grow.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

In that case, I'd say get the warhawks. Actually, I'd say get both. It's just a matter of what you want to do first.

I always take at least one unit of flyers at 2000 pts. An eagle is a great choice, much cheaper, but warhawks have enough unit size to destroy enemies that flee through them. And they have more wounds and will stick around longer, though mine do tend to die before the game is done.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

I prefer both. They serve different roles, but are really good at what they do.

I chose Wardancers, because they are superior in combat to nearly every unit in the WE book. You can't really go past them,as they can take on hordes, knights, Ogres, anything and probably win.

Money-wise, their Blisters are cheaper, and you get 3 instead of 1. Need I say more?

BTW Dave, seen this in your quote loads of times, and it's bugging me. Who's Daphne?
    -AFG
    Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; April 22nd, 2007 at 04:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well what unit is better depends on their roles. Which are different.

Wardancers are one of the best units the wood elves can muster. when on flank attack and in concert with other units they can win everything.

Warhawk riders are not really meant for the thick of MBU combat, they specialse in hunting warmachines, mages and marchblocking. With the effect of bows they can even damgesmall units.

So both are good.
    But i voted wardancers since the models rock and i love their CC potentional.

Hope it helps
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast