Frustrated... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frustrated...

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

Frustrated...

I lost, again against my buddy's Lizardmen. I am getting little annoyed. The board is far too small to maneuver on. I did fine with 1500 point army but 2000 just doesn't do it for me. Perhaps I am putting to much in to my characters... On top of that he screwed with me with Magic Drain :cry: and use the spell Wind's Howl with a irresistible cast. Game was over before it started. Freakin' 2nd Generation Slann. Another problem is that I can't hide my Nobles in any unit and avoid be poison to death by Skinks.

So I ask, if the table is small what do you suggest? A good build against a Slann list would be what? How do I take care of Skinks and Salamanders (not together)? I feel like giving up...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

First off, why can't you place your nobles in a unit? And Even with poisin, I believe you still get your ward save, so give your character a ward save.

Second, how big is the board? 4x6 is normal for full sized games...smaller games 4x4 works well. (If you are playing on a coffee table or the floor you can measure out larger battle fields)
    Armies: Wood Elves, High Elves
    Warbands Campaign 07: 1st
    San Antonio Alamo GT

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by trodi View Post
    First off, why can't you place your nobles in a unit? And Even with poisin, I believe you still get your ward save, so give your character a ward save.

Second, how big is the board? 4x6 is normal for full sized games...smaller games 4x4 works well. (If you are playing on a coffee table or the floor you can measure out larger battle fields)
    I am talking about Nobles on foot. I know how to place characters but the inability to play nonForest Spirits in a spirit group is annoying and Skinks make Alter hero useless with the amound shots they through down.

And the table is 3.5 by 5.5 and I really take up space.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

the table is a touch small, the width is the worst part off it.

Mate, could you post the army lists used, to your best recollection. A 2nd gen slann is about 600 pts if I', mot mistaken so at 2000pts thats a fair chunk.

If you can get us the army lists we will be able to help out more specificaly.

General stuff;

Have a lot of dryads. They eat skinks alive.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Backdraft005 View Post
    I am talking about Nobles on foot. I know how to place characters but the inability to play nonForest Spirits in a spirit group is annoying and Skinks make Alter hero useless with the amound shots they through down.
    Ah ok. This is where knowing more about your army would help us. You can have your nobles on foot join wardancers units or Eternal Guard units quite nicely. Of couse an alter can't join a unit though. Maybe you might want to replace your alter with a different type of noble.

And the table is 3.5 by 5.5 and I really take up space.
    Well that is an odd size lmao. How did y'all come by playing on a table like that? It seems however wide enough to get around behind their lines still. Flyers are really good bc you can just fly over the enemy's unit even if you dont have room to go around. That is a very narrow table though...If you rely on shooting then you will be hurt bc of this.
    Armies: Wood Elves, High Elves
    Warbands Campaign 07: 1st
    San Antonio Alamo GT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

n top of that he screwed with me with Magic Drain :cry:
    Awesome! I love it when my opponents use that spell, just means one less spell I have to dispel.

and use the spell Wind's Howl with a irresistible cast.
    Howler wind? Magic comes before shooting, just dispel it in your turn. Shooting isn't all that important anyway, even if you miss a turn. He can't cast anymore spells while he has it up.

Another problem is that I can't hide my Nobles in any unit and avoid be poison to death by Skinks.
    I think you might be a little character heavy. If you take more units suddenly he'll look like a fool for having such a small army (b/c of his Slann). If you give an alter noble the briarsheath and hide him at the edge of a forest he should be safe.

Thats a base -4 to hit him, even javelin skinks will be hitting him on 8s. Thats 1/36 shots wounding. Give him a shield just for the shooting and its down to 1/54. He's going to be able to charge out and take down most enemies, ideally skinks. Just run into the skinks and then pursue into more of them.

The best idea is to give us your list.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

As was said, giving your list and a best guess of his will guarantee we can be more helpful.

With that, against this army I would be tempted to go exceedingly character light. Maybe 1 or 2, and even then mostly for a measure of magic defense. I think you may need numbers more than characters to pull this one off.

A 2nd gen toad comes in at roughly 450 points before magic items, so that's almost 25% of his army tied up in one creature. How does he use the Slann? Is it in a unit, or is it out floating on its own (I'm betting it is). I'm really tempted to find a way to bring that thing down - that's almost 700VP's in one target.

Even if you can't take the toad down, the rest of his army simply must be lacking in other areas with that kind of points drop on his general (not to mention that his toad is taking up a lord, hero, and rare slot). Can you give us an idea of his army composition? Perhaps a bit more specific than what you've told us already?

No need to give up. We'll figure this out.

+ Reply to Thread