Combat patrol - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Combat patrol

Victorus aut Mortis Shad0w_Reaper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Combat patrol

Ok so I need a combat patrol, ill be playing Eldar and Dark Eldar, and here was what I was thinking:

Crisis Team Leader
    Plasma Rifle
    Missile Pod
    Targetting Array
    HW Multitracker
    =77 points

Crisis Team Leader
    TL Missile Pod
    Targetting Array
    =58 points

Firewarrior Team
    11x Shas'La
    Pulse Rifles
    1x Shas'Ui
    Pulse Rifle
    Bonding Knife
    Devilfish
    Decoy Launchers
    =220 points

Which equals about 355 points, leaving me with 45 left over. Any thoughts as to what I can add to it? I was thinking 4 gun drones, but then im not too sure about that, as they will be killed fairly quickly. Its too little points left so I dont think ill be able to squeeze in another Crisis Suit anywhere. Any help?

Space Wolves (Under Construction) | Circle of Orboros (Under Construction)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

The list looks pretty good; a fair mix of weaponry able to deal with the types of targets you will face in a combat patrol. You don't have many specific anti-MEQ weapons, but as you will be facing Eldar opponents that isn't much of a problem (and the weight of fire you are able to throw out should make up for the lack of low-AP weaponry).

If you wanted to fit another crisis suit into the list you could shave a few points from other units. The Deathrain can be demoted to a base Shas'Ui, (i.e. remove his team leader status as he does not need it). You could also remove the bonding knife from the Firewarriors if you wanted to; its a useful addition but not completely necessary and its removal would save you more points. These changes, plus your original leftover points, will give you a total of 55 points to play around with; enough for another Deathrain crisis suit.

Alternatively you could spend the points elsewhere. For example, you could upgrade the Devilfish to a Warfish to give it some extra punch. This would deny you your two drones however so be sure to take this into account if you consider a Warfish. A squadron of four drones would indeed die very quickly in a normal game of 40k, but might be more viable in a combat patrol, especially if supported by the two drones from the Devilfish.

Nice list though mate; very mobile and able to engage a variety of targets. I wish you the best of luck with it:yes:.

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

Hey there Rich,
    Im not too sure why I made my Deathrain a team leader, I make that many lists at home I just get a little mixed up with things :sleep: Heres my new list with the advice youve given me.

Crisis Team Leader
    Plasma Rifle
    Missile Pod
    Targetting Array
    HW Multitracker
    =77 points

Crisis Suit
    TL Missile Pod
    Targetting Array
    =53 points

Crisis Suit
    TL Missile Pod
    Targetting Array
    =53 points

Firewarrior Team
    11x Shas'La
    Pulse Rifles
    1x Shas'Ui
    Pulse Rifle
    Devilfish
    Decoy Launchers
    =220 points

=398 points Total

I like this list, I think its pretty good. My opponents generally field a transport or two each with their combat patrols, so now I believe I can efficiently deal with them. Im not expecting to come across much MEQ, especially not with Dark Eldar, but my Eldar friend usally has some Striking Scorpions in there somewhere. Plus my Devilfish transported firewarriors can dish out enough strength 5 shots per turn that can pretty much take care of most other things.

Just a few more questions, Do you think the list has too few models in it for a combat patrol? Am I relying on my Crisis suits a bit too much?

Cheers guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Shad0w_Reaper View Post
    Just a few more questions, Do you think the list has too few models in it for a combat patrol? Am I relying on my Crisis suits a bit too much?

Cheers guys
    You probably are relying a little bit too much on your suits.......but then again, doesn't every tau army :yes:

If you are really worried about it you could drop the devilfish for some kroot or more Firewarriors. In 400 points the footslogging FW's would still be fine and you would have a few more of them. But I really don't think you need to bother that much. Play a couple of games and see what changes you think are required.

Have a good one
    Dave
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

What if I dropped the devilfish, and one of the deathrains, then I could get another full squad of firewarriors and a Shas'ui. Think that would serve me better?

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Shad0w_Reaper View Post
    What if I dropped the devilfish, and one of the deathrains, then I could get another full squad of firewarriors and a Shas'ui. Think that would serve me better?
    Personally, I like the list as-is. I would tinker with the idea of finding the points to upgrade one of the Deathrains to a Fireknife like the first one, but as it is Deathrains will still serve you well. I say, try it out as-is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey nic3 list

um i would say defenitely drop the devil and a deathrain for a whole squad of fw's they will give you more power than your deathrain and devil. or just keep it as iseither or. just see how the two list work and pick your favorite.

Peace!

+ Reply to Thread