1000 pt dark eldar army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt dark eldar army

I made this army to be a footslogging army in 1000 pts with some things to flank the enemy and stuff.

Dracon = 90
    Agoniser
    Reaver jetbike
    Tormenter helm(not sure if he can take a pistol on a bike)
    Shadow field

2 haemonculi = 90
    destructor
    scissorhand
    Theyre in the grotesque squads
    which shield my taloses

10 warriors = 100
    2 dark lances

10 warriors = 100
    2 dark lances

10 Grotesques = 150

10 Grotesques = 150

Talos = 100

Talos = 100

Ravager = 120
    3 disentegrators

Total = 1000
    This list is testing something new for me and i want to ask you if it would perform well in combat cause ive only got a 1000 pt raider army list and would like to know if this would
    do any good at serious games. oh and correct me if i have any point values wrong cause my friend is borrowing my codex right now but i roughly know the point values.
    I usually try to make army lists first and get peoples opinions before i buy new models(i made some dumb purchases especially with possessed csm).

Last edited by Sesshomuronay; July 29th, 2007 at 11:15.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

I'm still learning Dark Eldar, so I can't comment on your list.

But, I will say thanks a lot for this type of post. I hope you get loads of help champ.

Karmoon.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im trying to figure out how to play DE myself because i jsut started a half a year and made a raider army which is in another post which did good for being my first de list
    and won me some games and a tournament at gw(a fun tournament not really competative) and from what ive seen good armies are foot slogging armies with some support from other faster raider mounted units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for this reasenable post.

Dark eldar is all about proper allocation - we are not marines which allow flaws. To be honest you have a lot of everything.
    Especially at <1K Dark Eldar excel with warriors. Elites and the like aren't a prerequisite to be victorious.
    So, either go all Coven - Heamonculi as HQ, warriors and Taloi as Heavy support or go all Kabal - Drachon on reaver, lots of warriors on raiders and ravagers.

Yours

Ps I wouldn't mind some interpunction in your posts (sic).
    Last edited by lorddraahk; July 29th, 2007 at 21:54.

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Good overall list, however about the shielding thing. The grotesques wont shield the taloses, since they are infantry while talos is an MC so you can always shoot at it without testing for Ld unless there are other MCs on the field. But overall I do like the idea of having the grots, and using them as a blockade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

talos isnt a monstrous creature in the codex it never says that its a monstrous creature it just have the weird taloc claws effect and is a skimmer so i think the grots would make the enemy take a ld check

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Sesshomunory

Defenitely since 40K 4th ed the Talos is considered a Monstrous creature. Keep in mind that the DE codex was made in reference to the 3th ed 40K rules. Check out the DE FAQ on the GW site and I believe it’s even stated in the BRB – need to check the latter part again, I cuurebntly don’t have the book with me.
    Concerning the ‘skimmer’ part once again. The word ‘skimmer’ only refers to the fact that the Talos’ movement isn’t based on wheels/legs/tracks…-technology but on some kind of hoover technology. That’s why one doesn’t’need 6s to hit the Talos in CC by default like with skimmers (raiders, hammerheads, monoliths, …) That is also the reason why a Talos blocks line of sight to units hiding behind it. And that is why the Talos only ever moves 6 inches.

Regarding your updated list. Nice job. I would just consider a powerweapon for your Drachon instead of the agoniser.

Yours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didnt know that talos is a monstrous creature but i did know the other skimmer related stuff. so does this mean monstrous creature replaces the talosclaws effect or do they use both effects? if so talos is a mean vehicle killer.

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Talos is an MC, its written in the rule book entry about Mc close combat phase when it refers to unusual weapons of the talos, cant remember the page sry.

But no, talos ISNT a vehicle killer since he doesnt get the 2d6 armor pen like the other MCs, his claws folow special rules and overide most of those in the rule book.
    Last edited by WraithGuardian; July 31st, 2007 at 13:31.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I concur with Wraithgaurdian. The Talos doesn't excel at destroying vehicles, as a different set of rules applies to the claws in contrary to the usual MC rules (see DE codex).
    The thing is, your potential amount of hits doesn't result in an equal amount of damage rolls. It doesn't matter how many times you will succesfully hit the vehicle, you only ever roll once on the damage table. Rolling a 1 then slightly frustrating.

By the way, you can find the part of the Talos being a MC on page 55 in the main rule book, chapter on MC last paragraphe.

Yours

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast