2000pt Competitive Army, first DE Army! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt Competitive Army, first DE Army!

Hi, I'd like to start a new army and the DE seem like they can be really competitive but also fun and tricky. Please give me any pointers concerning the list. Thanks in advance!

2006 Pts
    HQ
    Dracon
    -Agoniser
    -Combat Drugs
    -Tormentor Helm
    -Plasma Grenade
    -Shadow Field
    -Reaver Jetbike

Dracon
    -Agoniser
    -Combat Drugs
    -Tormentor Helm
    -Plasma Grenade
    -Reaver Jetbike

TROOPS
    Raider Squad
    -(9) Warriors
    -Splinter Cannon (1)
    -Blaster (1)
    -(1) Sybarite
    -Splinter Pistol (1)
    -Agoniser (1)
    -Plasma Grenade(1)
    -(1) Raider

Raider Squad
    -(9) Warriors
    -Splinter Cannon (1)
    -Blaster (1)
    -(1) Sybarite
    -Splinter Pistol (1)
    -Agoniser (1)
    -Plasma Grenade(1)
    -(1) Raider

Raider Squad
    -(9) Warriors
    -Splinter Cannon (1)
    -Blaster (1)
    -(1) Sybarite
    -Splinter Pistol (1)
    -Agoniser (1)
    -Plasma Grenade(1)
    -(1) Raider

Raider Squad
    -(7) Warriors
    -Splinter Cannon (1)
    -Blaster (1)
    -(1) Sybarite
    -Splinter Pistol (1)
    -Agoniser (1)
    -Plasma Grenade(1)
    -Webway Portal
    -(1) Raider

Raider Squad
    -(7) Warriors
    -Splinter Cannon (1)
    -Blaster (1)
    -(1) Sybarite
    -Splinter Pistol (1)
    -Agoniser (1)
    -Plasma Grenade(1)
    -Webway Portal
    -(1) Raider

FAST ATTACK
    Reaver Squad
    -(2) Reavers
    -Blaster (2)
    -(1) Succubus
    -Agoniser (1)
    -Plasma Grenade(1)

Reaver Squad
    -(2) Reavers
    -Blaster (2)
    -(1) Succubus
    -Agoniser (1)
    -Plasma Grenade(1)

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Ravager
    -Disintegrator (3)

Ravager
    -Disintegrator (3)

Ravager
    -Dark Lance (1)
    -Disintegrator (2)

Just so u know, in each listing i put each number of guys and then the upgraded one. Ex,
    -(2) Reavers
    -Blaster (2)
    -(1) Succubus
    -Agoniser (1)
    -Plasma Grenade(1)
    there's 3 reaver bikes but one is a succubus and 2 are regular ones. Sorry if this is confusing!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm i dont like the idea of 2 dracons both on jetbikes.
    1 archon should be fine in this many points and maybe add a haemonculi or two on hellions to jump around incinerating whichever squads you feel that should be crispier.
    i think the minimal squadf amount for reaver jetbikes is 3 and such a small squad wont do nothing much in cc so i reccomend dropping the reaver succubus and just leave them to their tank hunting. otherwise it seems good for a fast skimmer raiding army just make some changes here and there. drop the webway portals this army will have no use for it and it will waste those squads turns and you dont need it do you? your armies fast enough that you dont need no webway portal. portal armies only really work with taloses and wyches/ warpbeasts that rush out of the portals. change all the raider squads agonisers to poisoned blades and take off the webway portals and you can fit a whole other raider squad in.
    Last edited by Sesshomuronay; August 5th, 2007 at 02:25.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

That's an freakin lot of agonizers. Just a couple of things:
    1. The agonizers on bikes are not the best idea in my opinion. You are wasteing at least S4, and possibly S5 with combat drugs. A better idea is to take a power weapon. That will also cut points from your already oversized list.
    2. As mentined, the reaver squads are too small to be effective, even with dracon support. I say drop one to bulk up the other and use your remaining points for an Archon.
    Happy hunting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it!

Couple suggestions however. I agree with everything Sess said earlier. Drop the WWP's, pretty pointless in this type of list. The reaver squads at that size should be focused primarily on tank hunting, a couple units of 3 jetbikes with 2 blasters is a fun little squad to send around. If you dont like the idea of that, beef em up into 1 squad or drop em. As what was also said earlier, use power weapons with the Dracons over the agonisers, much more versatile considering you can take +1 str drug and you also get +1 str for being on a jetbike, give the guy a animus vitae and you could be looking at str 5 power weapon attacks...very nice.

Good luck in the future with DE
    Armies:
    [40k] - Dark Eldar
    ========================================
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...-Signature.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Drop the WWP
    Decide who your lords are going to engage and then pick thier weapons. If you take the PW to get the most out of S5 then you should be going after regular troops and not MC's.
    That many ltanks and large based bikes are really hard to hide. Losing first trun to a shooty list will probably sink you. I would drop two of the Warrior Raider squads for three or four sniper squads.
    The lack of wyches will make it tough to lock up other elite units.

This list looks like fun to play but not overly competative. I like the idea of making one uber CC bike squad with Archon, Dracon, Succubus and one small tank hunter bike squad. But I don't use bikes at all so I don't really know what's effective.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

If he drops the WWP then that will leave him with a giant car park, which is exactly the problem you guys are talking about.

wit ha WWP list it doesn't matter nearly as much about going first or second, i regularily go second (unless there is some stupidly large amount of ordanance) just to see ewhat the enemy does, it makes it more terrorfying, makes for a close to loss sometimes, but it also brings the enemy closer, and wastes more of their turns.

i say keep the WWP, but don't worry so much about keeping an entirely airborne force. it doesn't really help. it looks cool, yes, but is even more fragile than we usually are. if your set on it, have 2 foot slogging squads, one with a WWP and 2 raider squads, one with a WWP start teh game, so they don't know who to target. then with a few jet bikes as well charge up the board for a turn, then deploy and next turn lay the portal. all your squads probably won't die, and you'll have a very good platform to attack from the portal.

other possible points. drop the squads of warriors down to 8 men, EXCEPT the ones that start on the table, they should be 10 men, and 12 fotsloggers if you can spare the points (25 and 50% reasons).
    include the archon and dracon with your warrior squads, and detact just before you charge.
    simple reaver tank hunting squads are 95 points each, and scare the crap out of enemies, but hence die very quickly through all the attention. so i believe the suc is a waste (mind there are different schools of thought on this, but this other schoool of thought is you should have 5 (not 3) men in the reaver squad with a suc.)

just some ideas.
    hope they help
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

+ Reply to Thread