1000 Pts, 1st time at new Store - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Pts, 1st time at new Store

I have just decided to put my new Tau army on hold and finish up my old Tyranid army. Ive been away from the hobby for about a year and it was another 5-6 months on top of that since I have played with my nids. So other than doing some reading here the last couple days Im way out of the loop when it comes to nids.

Any major weaknesses with the below list? Are three TMCs going to be considered cheesy/overpowered for 1000 pt games? What changes would you make and why? Please consider I have the BL, the stealers and 1 sniperfex already purchased/painted from way back when. Here is the list and as always thanks in advance for any comments/changes or advice.

(1) Broodlord - Extended Carapace
    (6) Genestealer Retinue

(1) Lictor

(6) Genestealers
    (6) Genestealers
    (6) Genestealers

(1) Carnifex - Enhanced Senses, Reinforced Chitin, Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler
    (1) Carnifex - Enhanced Senses, Reinforced Chitin, Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler
    (1) Carnifex - Enhanced Senses, Reinforced Chitin, TL Devourer, TL Devourer

998 Pts Total

Also this list is for my 1st time showing up to play at the local game store. Ive talked to a few people while shoping/browsing, however not enough to make any friends at the store yet. This is a big reason why I dont want to bring an overpowered/cheesy list, afterall I want my opponents to have fun and want to play me again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Drop the fex with the devourers that way you can get extended carapaces for all or your genestealers.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

pen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    Drop the fex with the devourers that way you can get extended carapaces for all or your genestealers.
    He could drop the lictor, add EC to the stealers and replace the dakkafex with a dakkatyrant for added synapse and superior firepower... Might be a little cheesy though

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

He could drop the lictor, add EC to the stealers and replace the dakkafex with a dakkatyrant for added synapse and superior firepower... Might be a little cheesy though
    I find that my opponents often forget I have a lictor, and when I bring it in they sorta freak out, often cause i destroy one of there units. 2 TMCs at 1k is good unless your going Nidzilla.

pen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    I find that my opponents often forget I have a lictor, and when I bring it in they sorta freak out, often cause i destroy one of there units. 2 TMCs at 1k is good unless your going Nidzilla.
    Indeed, 3 TMCs is a bit of an overkill (and with reinforced chitin too...), though a lictor at 1000p might not be the optimal way to go.

If you utilize it correctly I'm sure it will be of great help, slicing up heavy weapons squads & annoying tanks from behind like it ain't no thing, 24 stealers and 3 (2) TMC in 1000p is no joke to a SMurf player, and no synapse is needed, so I guess if you like lictors it's really a good addition .

Something I think would be pretty interesting is that if you drop the dakkafex, you DO have enough points to put both EC AND scuttlers on all stealers except those in the retinue (which would be bare).

Don't you think that'd be pretty awesome to do? If the opponent shoots (a lot) at the infiltrated broodlord - something that they really want to do - they'll have 18 genestealers starting dangerously close to their troops and two sniperfexes backing them up.

yay/nay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to add the carapaces to the stealers but dont have them modeled with it. Im sure I could just say they had it but dont want to have it come up if someone was to question it. With my luck another nid player will be there with naked stelaers that look just like mine and make it an issue. Not sure how they are here but back home there were a couple gamers that were strict WYSIWYGers.

Ive always had good luck with lictors and find that the fact I have one that could pop out in an unknown piece of terrain affects how the opponent deploys his army. Also for escalation the reroll helps me get my Heavys on the board.

Never used scutlers but Im sure the scout move can come in handy and adds a bit of flexability to the stealers. I would like to hear from some of you guys/gals that have used scutling stealers and what you thought.

I have thought that instead of buying the 3rd carnifex I would buy another box of stealers and model them with carapaces for the BL retinue. the list would look like this:

(6) Genestealers - Extended Carapace

(1) Lictor

(6) Genestealers
    (6) Genestealers
    (6) Genestealers
    (6) Genestealers

If you cant tell I got a thing for stealers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

(6) Genestealers - Extended Carapace

(1) Lictor

(6) Genestealers
    (6) Genestealers
    (6) Genestealers
    (6) Genestealers

If you cant tell I got a thing for stealers.
    If you like genestealers thats fine, I here a lot of people get tired of playing them but if you don't good for you.

I would recommend trying to keep 2 broods behind the carnifex's whilst the carnifex's move up the board. Just for some added cover since you don't have any carapaces. And use every piece of terrain for its cover.

+ Reply to Thread