1000 points, first list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 points, first list.

=============
    LegendX's Nid List!
    =============
    -1,000 Points-

[HQ]
    Hive Tyrant
    Wings+Toxic Sac+Toxic Miasma+Warp Field
    ST + TL-Devourer
    Total: 188

[Elite]
    Lictor - 80

Warrior x3
    + VC
    + DS
    + Dev
    ES+TS+ST

Total: 187

[Troops]
    Genestealers
    EC+FH+ST
    x8 = 200

Hormagaunts
    x14 = 140
    Spinegaunts -
    x14 = 70
    Total: 410

[Heavy Support]
    Carnifex
    ES
    BS+VS
    Total: 148

Zoanthrope -
    WarpBlast+SynaspeCreature
    Total: 65 points

Total Points: 998

Let me know what LO thinks of my first list

EDIT: Sorry LostNemesis, I threw it up before I left for work. I cleaned it up even more, hope its all okay now.

Last edited by LegendX; August 11th, 2007 at 04:03.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    =============
    LegendX's Nid List!
    =============
    -1,000 Points-
    Exciting start.

[HQ]
    Hive Tyrant -
    Wings(40)+Toxic Sac()+Toxic Miasma6)+Warp Field()
    ST() + TL-Devourer()
    Total: 188
    1) ST + TL Devourer is a bad bad idea. Choose one or the other. Now you shoot 6 times, charge and get only 1 extra attack for it. Better course is 2 TL devourers. You shoot 12 times, and still get 3+1 charging in. Make it melee, or shooty. Don't mix. I recommend shooty, since they are just fine to begin with in melee. Give him enhanced senses too, it's about the only thing in the entire army that's gonna be hitting things on a 3+, and with a re-roll of misses you really don't want to turn that down.

[Elite]
    Lictor - 80
    Fluffy and useful for reserves/escalation. I don't recommend this unit otherwise, as they are one of the harder units to earn points back on in the 'Nid list, and don't do the same damage as a Ravener yet cost twice as much.

Warrior - + VC =
    + DS =
    + Dev=
    ES()+TS()+ ST) =

Total: 187
    While it is ok to do vc/ds or bs/ds squads, mixing three weapon symbiotes is probably counterproductive. I heartily recommend 3 warriors with twinlinked devourers each - buying 2 fulfills the 2 weapon biomorph quota, and they excel at a role, instead of being crappy versatility bots. Also, the warrior venom cannon is pretty craptastical with a 4+ to hit and not many shots.

[Troops]
    Genestealers -
    EC()+FH()+ST()
    r
    x8 = 200
    Hormagaunts -
    x14 = 140
    Spinegaunts -
    x14 = 70
    Total: 410
    Your genestealers are freakishly expensive. That's 8 wounds with T4 and a 4+ save for 200 points. Begging to be killed, and likely to be killed at that.
    You're fielding only 3 troops choices. Let me get out there now that one of the strongest Tyranid advantages is the ability to field large numbers of effective yet cheap deployments. This makes targetting and dealing with your army extremely difficult for your opponent. I strongly urge you to cheapen the stealers, and add a couple hormagaunts and a couple spinegaunts, and split down each squad into squads of 8. You get redundancy on fleet rolls, and your opponent has to dedicate more of his own squads' firepower to get rid of you, since he can't just throw some really heavy shots from one unit at a squad to down it. The same applies to the stealers ... you'd probably be better off running two naked squads of 6 each for 192 points. They'll last longer, especially if you keep them in cover.

[Heavy Support]
    Carnifex -
    ES(
    BS()+VS(
    Total: 148
    Perfecto.

Zoanthrope -
    WarpBlast()+SynaspeCreature()
    Total: 65 points
    K
    Last edited by Lost Nemesis; August 10th, 2007 at 23:54.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Hi, please take the time to read our forum rules (link in my signature). Individual points costs as you posted are not allowed due to copyright laws, however unit totals are okay. Please keep this in mind. I went ahead and edited your post (and the reply to the post) to get rid of the individual costs but I kept the unit totals. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread