2000pt vs tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000pt vs tau

ex-tookool126 DieHardSaintKildaSupporter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt vs tau

HQ

Farseer
    Singing spear, spirit stones, doom fortune

Elites

Striking Scorpions
    9 and exarch with Scorpions Claw shadowstrike and stalker

Harlequins (Falcon, so no shadowseer)
    5 and Troupe Master with power weapon
    5 kisses

Troops
    Dire Avengers
    9 and Exarch with 2 SC bladestorm
    Transport: Wave Serpent
    Shruiken Cannon, Bright Lance, Spirit stones, Star Engines (vectored engines good idea?)

Dire Avengers
    9 and Exarch with 2 SC bladestorm
    Transport: Wave Serpent
    Shruiken Cannon, Bright Lance, Spirit stones, Star Engines

5 Pathfinders (Battlesuits, he's got 11 including the 2 commanders)

5 Pathfinders

Fast Attack

Warp Spiders
    5 and Exarch with powerblades and surprise assult

Heavy Support

Fire Prism
    Shruiken Cannon, Holo-Fields, Spirit Stones, Vectored Engines,

Fire Prism
    Shruiken Cannon, Holo-Fields, Spirit Stones, Vectored Engines,

Falcon
    Star Cannon, Shruiken Cannon, Holo-Fields, Spirit Stones, Star Engines,

All Comments Welcome. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x2)

I like the farseer. Fortune on the scorpions will make them very tough indeed. The issue with taking scorpions is that in order to assault a unit of, say, firewarriors, you will need to first get dangerously close to their rapidfire range, since they can't fleet. Banshees have a lower save, and therefore dont last as long, but they can fleet, so its a bit of a tossup.

I like the harlequins in the falcon, Though I've found that it pays not to get to dependent on the harlies, largely due to their low save. I've found they usually either do intense levels of damage, or they die in a rather unglamorous way.

Avengers in serpents is pretty deadly. It might be worth swapping star engines for vectored engines, since boosting them far ahead of the rest of your army is probably just going to bring them to the top of your opponents target priority. I generally like to just move them 12" a turn. It lets them cover their own advance and makes it easier to formulate an attack with all your forces, rather than one at a time. Though if you've had good experiences with star engines, by all means, keep them.

I haven't personally used pathfinders, though i've seen them used to deadly effect. THat, however, was to brig down monstrous creatures. THey might be effective against battlesuits, but I prefer brightlances for that.

I'd give the warp spider exarch another deathspinner. Be careful where you deep strike them.

I'm torn on heavy support. 2 fireprisms would be extremely effective against large mobs of firewarriors, though, like i said, if he's using that many battlesuits, I'd want warwalkers with brightlances.

Thats all I really have. Overall I think this is a solid list, but the tau can be a tricky fight. Good luck

ex-tookool126 DieHardSaintKildaSupporter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Kaiser View Post
    I like the farseer. Fortune on the scorpions will make them very tough indeed. The issue with taking scorpions is that in order to assault a unit of, say, firewarriors, you will need to first get dangerously close to their rapidfire range, since they can't fleet. Banshees have a lower save, and therefore dont last as long, but they can fleet, so its a bit of a tossup.

I like the harlequins in the falcon, Though I've found that it pays not to get to dependent on the harlies, largely due to their low save. I've found they usually either do intense levels of damage, or they die in a rather unglamorous way.

But if the falcon gets close enough to the enemy they wont have a chance to shoot them

Avengers in serpents is pretty deadly. It might be worth swapping star engines for vectored engines, since boosting them far ahead of the rest of your army is probably just going to bring them to the top of your opponents target priority. I generally like to just move them 12" a turn. It lets them cover their own advance and makes it easier to formulate an attack with all your forces, rather than one at a time. Though if you've had good experiences with star engines, by all means, keep them.

I would normally but they could get shot to ribbons if they dont move quick enough, and the strategy is to bladestorm the 33 shots and kill the remaining 3 or 4 fire warriors.

I haven't personally used pathfinders, though i've seen them used to deadly effect. THat, however, was to brig down monstrous creatures. THey might be effective against battlesuits, but I prefer brightlances for that.

I'd give the warp spider exarch another deathspinner. Be careful where you deep strike them. i am, forgot to write down

I'm torn on heavy support. 2 fireprisms would be extremely effective against large mobs of firewarriors, though, like i said, if he's using that many battlesuits, I'd want warwalkers with brightlances.
    Im not a big fan of war walkers, i dont really like the model either. i dont like the idea of wasting a farseer baby sitting a squadron of these. also s5 pulse rifle will kill 3 walker easily

Thats all I really have. Overall I think this is a solid list, but the tau can be a tricky fight. Good luck
    Thanks for the comments

+ Reply to Thread