1750 tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1750 tourney

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 tourney

tyrant
    wings
    both glands
    toxic sacs
    2 talons
    warpfield

3 warriors 2 deathspitters, 1 VC
    carapace,ES, rending claws, toxic sacs, AG I

7 steelers
    carapace, hooks

7 steelers
    carapace, hooks

6 steelers
    carapace, hooks

2x 12 hormagaunts

2 lictor

3x2 ravenors
    rend claws and talons

zoanthrope
    synapse
    warpblast

2x sniperfexs
    enhanced senses

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

2x sniperfexs
    enhanced senses
    Now whats the point of a fex without any guns, I'm assuming you have a venom cannon and barbed strangler on this guy and his brother. Seeing as you didn't state it on them, and people do differ in there sniperfexes, this being said with the knowledge that some people do run them with 2 venom cannons.

2x 12 hormagaunts
    I would replace these with spinegaunts they fill the role much better, and you get more of them for less, giving you points to put in another brood of warriors if you so want.

If these guys are assaulted you'll be lucky to get one 6 if you assault with them maybe two 6's, I would consider giving them scything talons instead just for more attacks in general.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by overlordmrt View Post
    tyrant
    wings
    both glands
    toxic sacs
    2 talons
    warpfield
    I would take off the ws gland and replace it with miasma. It's 2 points more expensive, but much better. Looks good otherwise.

I would take off the adrenal glands and the rending claws in favor of scything talons. You can mix roles, but it just becomes more costly. I prefer to just keep my ranged warriors cheap.

7 steelers
    carapace, hooks

7 steelers
    carapace, hooks

6 steelers
    carapace, hooks
    These look good.

2x 12 hormagaunts
    These look fine, but you may want to consider spine gaunts to replace atleast some of them. The reason for this is that your list is fairly expensive on a whole. The cheapest model that you have is 10 points and you have a stealer heavy list. This just means that you may want more models in the list to balance the others out.

2 lictor
    Look fine. I like lictors but they are probably the scalpel of the tyranid army and take a little getting used to.

3x2 ravenors
    rend claws and talons
    These look good. They can back up the hormies well.

zoanthrope
    synapse
    warpblast
    Thorpes are much more useful in atleast pairs. It will still be effective in my opinion, but you may think of if you want to spend the points elsewhere after a couple of games. Thorpes are very opinionated in performance though. Some people love them and some hate them, so I suggest you use it a couple times.

2x sniperfexs
    enhanced senses[/QUOTE]

Look good, but if you can squeeze one of the defensive biomorphs on, it will help a lot. Sniper fexes usually are huge targets.

Good luck with your list.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i orginally had 10 more spineguants in the list but i removed them for the warriors i like the idea of the talons i wasnt really thinking when i gave them claws. The fexs do have VC barbed strangler and ES i really only have ten points id like to play with so i dont know about the defensive biomorphs. Last tourney i went to the only thing that shot at them was atleast S7 and more like S10 and i dont wanna remove the Hormos mainly because i love assult turn two saves my steelers big time that and lictors.

Mau'Dib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

I'm going to dare to disagree with the combined wisdom of Skulls and Warrior. (on one thing anyway)

I like the hormies. It's my opinion (and this comes from reading your list and my own experience) that hormies don't fill the role of spine gaunts. Hormies are there to be a first assault force that forces your opponent to either shoot them early, thus keeping that fire away from things like stealers, or they'll make it into early CC and tie up lines of sight and keep some firepower off things like, well stealers again.

And as a warning, the anti skimmer warriors can work well from time to time, but I've always found them to be kinda lacking when I've used them. They go down very easily to a lot of things, so just keep that in mind.

Other than that I agree with everything they said.
    ~2k of genestealery goodness
    ~1750points of terminator goodness

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

more witty remarks to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright so ill get rid of the AG on the warriors and that leaves me ten points what do u think i should get rid of in order to get some D upgrades on my fexs and which upgrade is best

Mau'Dib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

In terms of defensive upgrades I'm a really big fan of the 2+ save, but you can never go wrong with an extra wound either. Just depends how much ap3 fire you expect the fex to face, and whether or not you think the extra wound is more valuable. (aka either of those are a good call).
    ~2k of genestealery goodness
    ~1750points of terminator goodness

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

more witty remarks to come.

+ Reply to Thread